Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BMW Sunroof Preventive Maintenance

While it's definitely not sunroof season in the NE right now, I've been thinking about it now that I have one that works again-- I definitely don't want a repeat of my nightmare with the 325 http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1444943

Does anybody do any PM with regards to your sunroof? Seems that lube failure from the extreme heat in summer seems to be a contributing factor. Maybe a dry graphite lubricant in the tracks?

Do I just install the BMW sunroof shade kit now?
    Last edited by kayger12; 03-11-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

The BMW tech that I use told me he puts a special lube on the tracks of the sunroof. Next week I am going by there and I will find out exactly what it is. He also mentioned not opening and closing the shade too hard cause they have a tendency to get off track. Aslo he said to be careful leaving it open or up when parked under trees, cause leaves and trash can get in the tracks and clog the drains... basic stuff.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Good stuff. Curious to see what kind of lube they use. Thanks for the info.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I'm interested to know as well.... I had a 01 330i that had that probblem when I boought it. I don't want my ZHP to "develop" the same issue.

http://www.triflowlubricants.com/Tri...ic_Grease.html

This is what a service tech said they used at a service center.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    http://www.triflowlubricants.com/Tri...ic_Grease.html

This is what a service tech said they used at a service center.....
    Ordered!

Thanks, Dane.
    Last edited by kayger12; 12-29-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Cool...I've got some Triflow spray, but not the grease. Will definitely try that.
    FullyBalanced

daily driver - 2002 Honda Civic LX, Nighthawk Black, cold air intake
    summer ride - 2004 BMW 330i ZHP, Imola, 6MT, black leather, silver cube, cold weather package, xenons, BMW Performance stuff, ///M stuff, ACS stuff
    winter ride - 1997 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80, 40th Anniversary, factory front and rear lockers, antique sage pearl, lifted and armored

I used to use their spray religiously when I was a locksmith. Even sold it in my shop. They have a great product, and I would expect nothing less from this grease.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Cool, I think I have some from my bikes, will work on that before summer hits.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Autozone.com
    I don't use my sunroof. The only times it's been opened (3-4 times) is when other people get in the car and start fiddling with it. Wonder if I should still throw some grease at it?

Wish I had a ZHP with the sunroof delete option (rarity).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast