Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow New member, hopefully soon a new owner :)

Hello,

Thanks for this great site!

I just signed up and though my knowledge on cars is limited (I love to drive them though!) for me to post useful information on their performance, I will try to chip in now and then my 2 cents.

This site is wonderful and practically the first place I come to for zhps.

I currently have an E60 (xi, auto) and ever since I purchased it four years ago, became a big fan of bimmers and doubt if I would every buy any other make. (My previous car was a Camry - great, reliable and comfortable - but please....no comparison and I drove some Audi's before I stumbled across the delightful driver connectivity of the BMWs.)

After some sessions at the auto-Xs and a one-day driving school - conducted by the wonderful NJ BMW chapter - I got intrigued by the mystique of driving a manual bimmer that the other experienced drivers swore by.

I am originally from India and got tired of driving stick in bad roads and awful traffic conditions; hence, I took to automatics with welcome relief when I came to this great country 15 years back. However, after one NJBMW member confessed that he would'nt replace his zhp with any other, I got hooked and started to research.

Get this - even without driving a stick shift, I am now researching to get a low-mileage zhp with stick.

And that's primarily due to this site.

Thanks again for this excellent site and please keep up the good work!

Welcome to the Mafia friend. Excellant story. You...are what this site is about.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome. Sticks are the way to go to actively seek the ultimate driving experience.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Welcome. Sticks are the way to go to actively seek the ultimate driving experience.
    Welcome to the mafia. Great story, and we're looking forward to hearing the story of how you get your car. I agree with the stick, even though my car is a Steptronic (auto).
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome. Keep us posted on the progress...
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us.

Welcome to the family. I hope you find the car of your dreams soon.

Sent using Tapatalk on my rooted Droid. Wut?
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

A big help for newbies like me was the FAQ sticky.

Second was the link to the classifieds broken down by vintage. Splendid!!

I am a member in the bimmerfest.com forum and plan to refer this site whenever I post there.

Thanks again,

Glad you are enjoying it here.

I knew that classifieds break down would come in handy. In particular, it allows you to look at the thread titles and see prices, which give you some idea of what these things go for. Kind of like a crude price comparison tool.

As for the FAQ, that's my baby. It's a living, breathing thing. I am constantly tweaking it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast