Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    nike001 Guest

What brakes/rotors do you use on your BMW?

Sorry if this seems to be a newb question... but in the end of June, my inspection runs out. Last inspection, the mechanic told me that my rotors just barely passed inspection.. so I need new ones before this inspection.

I'm aware that there are endless possibilities for rotor + pad combinations. I'm just dumbfounded by what ones are good/bad etc.

I've been wondering around numerous sites and found these on ECS's website:
    Front:http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330.../OEM/ES260752/
    Rear:http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330.../OEM/ES260753/

If you have any suggestions that won't break my wallet, feel free to enter in your recommendations.

Thanks all

Dalton, are you only driving on the streets? If so, I would say stick with the stock pads and rotors. They've always served me well.

nike001 Guest
    Yeah, only streets. For now.. lol

My only problem with OEM is that their rotors on ECS are $200. If I was going to spend that much, I might as well get the cross-drilled rotors from turner motorsports for $190...which are obviously cheaper. The Zimmerman rotors in my first post are only $142. I've never heard anything bad about the Zimmerman rotors, either.

I work at the local BMW dealer, so I'm going to try to have a serious talk with my boss who is the service advisor there and see what kind of deals they can hook me up with..

I wouldn't go to ECS. I would hook it up with Ray (Smilez), or check out the options over at AutohausAZ (ZHPMafia.com affiliate link). Just imho....

You should be able to get a full setup(lines, rotors, pads, fluid) for around $400.00.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I wouldn't go to ECS. I would hook it up with Ray (Smilez), or check out the options over at AutohausAZ (ZHPMafia.com affiliate link). Just imho....

You should be able to get a full setup(lines, rotors, pads, fluid) for around $400.00.
    Wow, thanks a bunch dane.

the same rotors that cost $140 at ECS are $74 at AutohausAZ. I can even get the cross-drilled ones that are a step up for cheaper than the lesser model at ECS.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    I work at the local BMW dealer, so I'm going to try to have a serious talk with my boss who is the service advisor there and see what kind of deals they can hook me up with..
    You should be able to get an employee discount (15%). Look in to that for sure.

I've been wondering this same question. I know Brembo is a world-class brake company. Brembo rotors are about $50 cheaper than OEM. Are they of the same, if not better, quality?

Dalton, that's why we got AutohausAZ as an affiliate. They should do well for us.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    You should be able to get an employee discount (15%). Look in to that for sure.
    Well, I'm going to go the cheaper route.. lol

So I guess it depends on what their outrageous price is to begin with...then see what the employee discount would set me at.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Well, I'm going to go the cheaper route.. lol

So I guess it depends on what their outrageous price is to begin with...then see what the employee discount would set me at.
    Yeah. Other places might be cheaper even with your discount. Dealers ain't known for starting out cheap.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast