Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or "eh?" VMR-701s

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like Black 701s on Black Vert at that price

0 0%
  • Pass

8 100.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

These Wheels on my ZHP?

Almost pulled the trigger on the VMR-701s, 19s. Brand new, including the tires, $1800 total. Great price (retail at $2250). Not sure I can pull the trigger on 'em. What do you think?

PS: I should add that I don't have that kind of money laying around. lol. What we do for our cars!

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'd pick up some BBS CH wheels instead. I think they are about the same price. Look into it. Wait. Just noticed those are 19s. Have to check on pricing for 19 inch CH.

BBS CH might be the perfect wheel for the ZHP other than the stocks. Anyone know the CH weight?
    - Marc

Voted but I always so no to black wheels (very predictable).
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I'd get these in 18s:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

They are a little more than you are looking to spend but who cares. It's your money I'm playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    BBS CH might be the perfect wheel for the ZHP other than the stocks. Anyone know the CH weight?
    Marc:

Front

Size: 18x8.5
    Offset: 35mm
    Backspacing: 6.22"
    Bolt Pattern: 5-120
    Rec. Tire Size: 225/40-18
    Weight: 25.5lbs.
    Finish: Black w/Polished Stainless Lip
    Construction: 1pc. Low Pressure Cast w/ Flow Form Rim
    Finish Warranty: 1 Year
    Manufactured in Germany

Optional Rear

Size: 18x10
    Offset: +40mm
    Backspacing: 7.16"
    Bolt Pattern: 5-120
    Rec. Tire Size: 255/35-18
    Weight: 26.5lbs.
    Finish: Black w/Polished Stainless Lip
    Construction: 1 Pc. Low Pressure Cast/ Flow Form Rim
    Finish Warranty: 1 Year
    Manufactured in Germany

Trust me Marcus, I LOVE those BBSs. (I also like the LMs, and the LMR-s. The reason I looked at these was the price because it also included the tires. And honestly, I've never REALLY been into black wheels on black cars, but I'd do it for the few that would work, including those BBSs. BTW, the LMs are like $5K! Great input so quickly so far, thanks!

EDIT: Wow, the price on those CH's is not bad at all! I'm not too happy about the weight though. I'd like something lighter, to help reduce unsprung weight thus performance. Maybe the next decision is those vs. Arc-8s.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I voted to pass because I've never thought black wheels on a black car looked right, mostly because the black of the tires looks crazy faded & gray next to the deep, pure black of the wheels & car. Now, those wheels in a gunmetal or silver, could be hot.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Black would mean not much contrast. It depends on what you're looking for; do you want an all black look or do you want your wheels to stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Sorry, I beg to differ.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post

EDIT: Wow, the price on those CH's is not bad at all! I'm not too happy about the weight though. I'd like something lighter, to help reduce unsprung weight thus performance. Maybe the next decision is those vs. Arc-8s.
    Correct. I have always thought that the BBS CH was one of the great bargains out there. A great looking wheel at a relatively sweet price. It's the one wheel that I would put on my ZHP. For the record, I've been thinking about it for about six months. I don't like the fact that it's still simmering on the back burner. Means I can see me buying these at some point. I don't want to spend money on new wheels!

But, yeah, if you spend $3000 -- you would have the BBS CH setup plus nice tires.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast