Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For those who speed...

...Which should be all of you :lol:

And have a smartphone, download this app.

www.trapster.com

Basically what it is, it's an app that tracks where cops are hiding and doing radar. It keeps past locations and if another user within a time period reports a cop it updates it and alerts you of that potential threat.

So far I've been running it for a month or so and I haven't had a close call yet. Very Cool..

You can see redlight cameras, speed cameras, mobile speed cars...etc. It even reports on accidents, potential road closings, ice on the road.

It's free as well.

(I don't condone speeding, and do not know what speeding is)

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Very cool stuff.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Seen this before and didn't try it. Does it have a one button alert or auto alert or do you have to type in where the popo are?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Seen this before and didn't try it. Does it have a one button alert or auto alert or do you have to type in where the popo are?
    Auto alert for a distance you can set (I have mine alerting me a mile out) It can do audio and vibration alerts. If you pass a cop you push a button on the screen and it will mark that spot.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Auto alert for a distance you can set (I have mine alerting me a mile out) It can do audio and vibration alerts. If you pass a cop you push a button on the screen and it will mark that spot.
    Im on it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Im on it dude.
    Awesome.

Until I get a GPS mount for mine...I just leave it on my lap and I can hear it and feel it vibrate. I run my 8500x50 but with so many cops running LIDAR now that this app has been helping me. Cops in Texas are actually using this app to report their own position. They said that the more people know; the more will slow down and be aware

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Awesome.

Until I get a GPS mount for mine...I just leave it on my lap and I can hear it and feel it vibrate. I run my 8500x50 but with so many cops running LIDAR now that this app has been helping me. Cops in Texas are actually using this app to report their own position. They said that the more people know; the more will slow down and be aware
    That's an interesting idea. They could also use it to put out false information and use it as a trap.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

I checked this out on the way to work this morning. All of the speed cameras, school zones, and known enforcement areas were up to date.

The only gripe (or suggested improvement) I have is for them to include an option to post locations of temporary, stationary speed cameras. The county I work in (Montgomery County, MD) deploys speed cameras in boxes that look like residential power transformers along roadsides. They were posting the locations of the temporary cameras on their website... but it would be nice to be able to update Trapster with that type of information.

I make it a habit not to speed on my way to work... but knowing where these cameras are will alert me to potential slow downs. I have found that when these devices are deployed, it causes people to slow down... significantly... and it will often cause rear end collisions as one person will slam on their brakes as they approach/pass the camera. The speed of traffic near these devices is often 5 or 10 miles an hour below the speed limit even if the camera is set to catch a speeder 5-8 mph above the limit.

So I see this as a useful tool in an area you are unfamiliar with or don't drive through regularly.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I'm old skool, I take my chances and get what I deserve...which is usually just pulled over and let go with a warning
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    I'm old skool, I take my chances and get what I deserve...which is usually just pulled over and let go with a warning
    Then you're not getting what you deserve.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast