Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Holes License Plate Bracket from Gominigo.com doityourself

Tools required:
    * 10mm wrench (open or boxed, either way)
    * 19mm or 3/4" wrench
    * 4mm allen key (included with order)
    * (optional) small flat-head screwdriver [thin head]
    * lubricant or anti-seize for the screws -- THIS IS MANDATORY! Gominigo says the screws will seize if not used!

Included in package:

I ordered the 82-90mm kit from Gominigo.com because according to my measurements, the kit wouldn't clear my bumper. Apparently this isn't necessary, and ordering a 30-38mm kit will be sufficient for a ZHP bumper (this article is based on a sedan). Since I ordered the 82-90mm kit, I received with my order an extension which can easily be disassembled. This is the only difference between the 30 and 80mm kits.

This is the extension in question. In the middle you'll see a washer, and on the end an extension that looks pretty much the same as the base. Just unscrew to shorten to the 30-38mm size.

Disassembled:

From the kit, this is what you'll need to get it done:

This is what the vehicle is forced to look like with the stock plate holder in place. Poor baby...

Start by prying out the tow hook cover with either a small flathead screwdriver or your fingers. I used my fingers without any difficulty.

See where that break is between the center license plate holder and the side trim of the bumper? You're going to push back towards the side of the car on the trim that curves around the bumper on each side. In this picture, it's the trim that's left of the line.

This is what it'll look like on both sides when the trim is pushed back:

Pull out the old license plate holder and place your license plate delete strip in its place. Oh how much better it looks! This is how I would love to leave it if CT didn't have this highly unreasonable front license plate law...

Take the single bit bolt you have in the kit and a crush washer. Install as shown by turning the threaded bolt shaft thingy into the tow hook receptacle. Tighten very well with the 19mm or 3/4" wrench. Take the angled bracket , place a crush washer on the side that will meet the shaft thingy, place a washer on the other side of the bracket, and put the 19mm bolt through the hole to secure to the shafty thingy. (Please excuse my... inappropriate... descriptions...).

Secure the license base plate to the assembly as shown with the allen-headed screws, using the nuts provided on the flip side of the screw.

Attach the license plate to the base plate with the remaining screws and nuts. I'm sure you can figure out how to do that. RESULT:

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Good stuff, thanks. I think I might just do that.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Looking good BP! Excellent write-up.

Did the extension give you the necessary clearance? I completely forgot the primary difference between our cars is the Mtech-II bumper.

Were you satisfied with the kit you received? I was pretty impressed with the quality.

What lubricant did you use on the fasteners?

Some BlackWow on the bumper side impact trim pieces and your ZHP will be looking good as new.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I have this same kit on mine. I love it!

Tapatalk... It's what the doctor ordered.

I've yet to be pulled over for a front tag violation...and I have the holder you removed LOL

This kit is solid. I've seen it now on several e46s in town and on the forums and I love it.

OT: BP, Can you please space out your wheels!?!?!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I've yet to be pulled over for a front tag violation...and I have the holder you removed LOL

This kit is solid. I've seen it now on several e46s in town and on the forums and I love it.

................prolly not track approved.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Remove for track days?
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Nice. Looking good, BP. If NC required a front tag, I'd get one.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    Did the extension give you the necessary clearance? I completely forgot the primary difference between our cars is the Mtech-II bumper. What lubricant did you use on the fasteners?
    I actually didn't need the extension. I also didn't use the lubricant yet because I didn't have any (wasn't expecting to need it), so I have to run out and get some. I put it on so there's less of a chance of getting hassled.

I only got pulled over at a DUI checkpoint and they decided to hassle me for the front plate. I don't want that to happen again.

Some BlackWow on the bumper side impact trim pieces and your ZHP will be looking good as new.
    I'm just going to repaint it. I don't think there's really any permanent solution to my problem other than painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post

Can you say rub? I'm not going to spend an insane amount of money on spacers only to have the wheels rub on me. Roads here blow and I'm lucky that I don't rub as it is with the amount of low I haz.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ................prolly not track approved.
    Allowed but not a smart play in my book. Heart says yes, mind says no.

Perhaps one day I'll get the stud kit I want and *maybe* entertain some spacers, but that day is far off.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast