Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    nike001 Guest

How many miles do you get from a set of tires?

I just thought about this because I need new tires. I 'think' I had brand new tires when I got the car last July @99k. Now have almost 109k and they need to be replaced. Mid-Outside tread is absolutely fine....camber wear on inside of fronts and a little in the rear with other wear in the middle of the tires (Pirelli PZero)

Note: I had blizzak winters on for 1-2k miles during that too..

I'm looking into the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires that have a 30k warranty for square set-ups and a 15k mile warranty for staggered set-up's. (see my previous thread in the classifieds if you're nearby and like to help me become a square set up)

How long do your tires last?

Dalton, I moved the thread to the wheel and tire forum.

I'm curious as well. First car with a staggered set-up. I've gotten a little over 7K on Pirelli P Zero's and they seem to be wearing decently.
    STEVEN ~ 05 ZHP Coupe Sparkling Graphite Metallic - AFE Filter/ CDV Delete/ eBay Headers

I'm on my third set of p-zero's. I usually get about 25-30k on the rears, and slightly more on the fronts.

My 335 had Pilot Sport PS2 tires. Lasted about 8,000 miles. Treadwear rating of 220.

My ZHP has Falken FK-452 tires. I suspect they'll last closer to 20,000 miles. Treadwear rating of 300.

I drove the 335 a lot more aggressively than the ZHP.

typical seems to be anywhere as low as 10k and as high as 30k......

variations based upon driving style, tires, mods, etc......
    - now with 5 speeds

These figures are absolutely abysmal...
    I have Pirelli PZero Nero All-Seasons on my car now. They were pretty much brand new when I bought the car with 79k on it. I now have almost 102k and the portions of the tire that weren't affected by my incorrect alignment have good wear, and will probably go for another 10-15k before requiring replacement, which would total approximately 30-40k of usage.

NOBODY should be getting 8k out of a set of tires unless you're doing burnouts! Sorry Mark, lighten up the driving style there, buddy... lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

UTQG Ratings?

http://www.mastercrafttires.com.au/i...id=8&Itemid=25

Treadwear
    Treadwear grades are an indication of a tyre's wear rate. The higher the treadwear number, the longer it takes for the tread to wear down.

A ‘standard' control tyre is assigned a grade of 100. The treadwear rate of all test tyres is compared to the ‘standard' tyre. For example, a tyre grade of 200 should wear twice as long as the control tyre. Treadwear grades are tested under controlled conditions using four vehicles fitted with test tyres that run in convoy. The vehicles repeatedly run a specified 640 kilometre road course for a total of 11,520 kilometres. Tread depths are measured every 1,280 kilometres and the measurements for each vehicle are averaged to give a projected wear-out life.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post

NOBODY should be getting 8k out of a set of tires unless you're doing burnouts! Sorry Mark, lighten up the driving style there, buddy... lol
    Nearly 400 HP and more than 420 ft. lbs. of torque. Tough to not wear tires out quickly, I guess.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Mine typically last <30k miles.

That goes for Khumo ECSTA, Hankook Ventus V12, V4.

I am on a set of Yokohama AVIDEnvigor's right now with a UTGQ of 520....so they should wear well.

Whatever you decide....I recommend you get them from Tirerack, and use the affiliate link.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast