Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    UTQG Ratings
    Take those ratings with a HUGE grain of salt!

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Take those ratings with a HUGE grain of salt!
    They've held good for me. I have quite a bit of faith in them.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

nike001 Guest
    I don't get it. Do you guys absolutely baby your cars? I in no way drive my car 'rough'...but i do partake in semi-spiritual driving. I'm not one of those people you see flying around. I just don't know how i'm getting such poor wear/you guys are getting good wear. Especially the Pirelli guys.

Dalton, I don't get good wear.

nike001 Guest
    Marcus, I'm getting worse mileage out of mine than you did on your aggressively driven 335 :P

The michelin super sports have a treadwear rating of 300 iirc, hopefully that will help me out.

Was your alignment good the entire time?

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Was your alignment good the entire time?
    Actually..funny story. (since i work at the dealer) I can get an alignment for $69.95. So I did that and one of the mechanics called me over when he pulled it in and told me that my control arm bushings were shot and he'd rather do that for me instead of an alignment. Then after I do rotors/pads he'll align it for me. Then he told me that I needed tires. Apparently the insides are dry rotted (date on tires says '08. That baffles me because tires were supposedly new when I got the car. They even had the paint line things on them still. I had no problem believing that they were brand new). So he changed my CAB's for me there and I'll get an alignment after I do my other work on it.

So, to actually answer your question. I don't know; I thought it was...but I thought it might not be because of my wear. I hoped to save my tires a little with an alignment but I guess its too late.

Yeah. Sounds as though you expected a lot better wear, so I am thinking you might have been misaligned, which wore your tires prematurely.

nike001 Guest
    Probably lol. Silly me. I'll get new tires and such and get an alignment and drive a little easier i'll be sure to post my progress.

Spending $1,000 on tires and $400+ on rotors & then another $200+ on miscellaneous stuff is really damning for a 19 y/o that gets paid $8 an hour haha. Plus car payments. Work work work work!

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I'm glad it's you, D!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast