Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Summer Storage!! Please help

I'm going to Dominican Republic in one week so I won't be on the website as much but I'll try to pop in and say what's up once in a blue!

So my car is going to be stored in my garage after I give it a good wash and full it up with gas, I'm going to put the car cover on it and kiss it good bye for the first time.

Is there anything I need to do to leave my car stable in the garage for 2 months?
    Please HELP! I don't want anything bad happing with it, I don't think I'm going to have someone turn it on. It's just going to be there in the garaged parked for a straight two months.. I heard I should take it for a good spin before leaving it tho and should I change the oil?
    Photobucket

2 words. Battery tender.

Don't have anyone that can take it for a spin a few times while your gone?
    -ADAM

I wouldn't fill up the tank... the gas could be iffy when you return and then you'd have to waste a whole tank draining it and filling with fresh gas, not to mention the labor of actually draining whatever's in there.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatek45 View Post
    2 words. Battery tender.
    +1

If you do decide to fill up your tank, go to a Walmart and get a bottle of Sta-Bil for Ethanol and a bottle of regular Sta-Bil. These fuel stabilizers will ensure that your gas will be useable when you get back. You can also find these at auto parts stores. It's just cheaper at Wally World.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Battery tender and minimal gas are both good ideas.

Have fun on your trip!

Whatever you do....

1. Do not leave your keys in a place they can be easily found.

2. Be safe and have fun on your trip.

3. Battery tender might be a good idea if your battery is >3.5 years old. Boss doesn't have one....and his car sits for prolonged "rest periods" an starts like a champ.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

One note, though. I have a brand new battery now.

I was worried about my old battery dying on me because of the prolonged periods of non use.

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    +1

If you do decide to fill up your tank, go to a Walmart and get a bottle of Sta-Bil for Ethanol and a bottle of regular Sta-Bil. These fuel stabilizers will ensure that your gas will be useable when you get back. You can also find these at auto parts stores. It's just cheaper at Wally World.
    +1.

Alright guys I'll google battery tender don't know much about it and I'll deff get Sta-Bill for Ethanol and a bottle of regular Sta-Bill but how do I use these?
    Photobucket

Autozone.com
    I just google battery tender for cars and OMG I understand it but which one do I get and can I get it locally like at an autostore?
    Photobucket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast