Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Be careful with that. DWS are all season tires and f1s are high perf summer tires. I would not be comfortable mixing brands much less compounds like that. It's good your grippier tires are in the rear, but if the temps drop that changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Marc

That's a good point. Didnt think of that. May be returning the dws's for a summer tire.

I tried to buy some dw's but they're out of stock everywhere! Maybe I'll get some supersports instead.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    That's a good point. Didnt think of that. May be returning the dws's for a summer tire.

I tried to buy some dw's but they're out of stock everywhere! Maybe I'll get some supersports instead.
    Welcome to my world. Supersports are a step up from the dw. And screw continental for not making them.

Try tirebuyer.com for the dw, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Marc

also always good to hear of what sounds like a good shop/mechanic.

keep us updated on the results.

i had Goodyear F1-GS D3's that I still think were the best tires I've ever had. they were absolutely scary in the wet; as in, scary amounts of grip - almost wanted to force you to wonder if they could actually break loose. great tires.
    - now with 5 speeds

I tried but they only ship to their designated dealers/installers. I have a local guy who does all of my tires and I couldn't get them delivered to my house...So I couldn't get them there. Earliest I found them in stock was 3 weeks.

Any other tires on par with the DW's?

Which tire company only allows tires to be shipped to designated dealers and installers?

EDIT: just checked and it's tirebuyer.com. That sucks.

I just looked at the list of dealers/installers and, while the prices are reasonable, I don't use those installers. So, I would be stuck using their installers.

Glad we have tirerack.com as an affiliate, too.

Not sure. Maybe I missed where the option was to ship it to yourself but I didn't see it.

Are there any other substitutes for the DW's that aren't as soft as pencil erasers? I'd like a wear rating of at least 300.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I am currently running Falken FK-452 tires. They are 300 rating. I'm quite happy with them. I'm very picky about the tires I put on my car (for what it's worth).

I got them at Amazon.com (because of the free shipping and because I couldn't find a cheaper price). Here are the rear tires ($192 each): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B004FV4X0S

And here are the front tires ($136 each): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002RN4IQU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12