Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Now that I swapped the Bilsteins for konis and RE RSM, the suspension is really nice. I don't think the UUC bars have really affected ride quality.
    Do you have UUC front and back, or just one end?

Front and back. The back has their adjustable end links.
    The front bar has OEM end links but the bar itself has 3 holes on the end of each side for adjustability
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Hmm...I've heard of a lot of people swapping the stock sway bar for the M3 bar. There's no other mounting issues, correct, just a direct swap? I know the rear M3 sway bar won't fit on our cars without some modification.
    Correct, M3 bar in the front is a direct swap.

Newbie, so please forgive the ignorance. Is replacement of the front bar something that can be done with the car up on Rhino ramps? I'm not much of a wrencher but reading here makes me think I could take this on. (Looking at H&R 27mm)

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Newbie, so please forgive the ignorance. Is replacement of the front bar something that can be done with the car up on Rhino ramps? I'm not much of a wrencher but reading here makes me think I could take this on. (Looking at H&R 27mm)
    it is very simple, but you want the suspension drooping (front end up, wheels off) to do it.

i would recommend looking at ebay, you can find an OEM M3 front swaybar (26mm) for cheap. i got one for $45 shipped!

in that light, i also got a OEM 20mm rear 'vert bar for $60 shipped on ebay too.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Very helpful! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    it is very simple, but you want the suspension drooping (front end up, wheels off) to do it.

i would recommend looking at ebay, you can find an OEM M3 front swaybar (26mm) for cheap. i got one for $45 shipped!

in that light, i also got a OEM 20mm rear 'vert bar for $60 shipped on ebay too.
    Are the seat bar end links direct swap between m3 and Zhp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Are the seat bar end links direct swap between m3 and Zhp?

yep.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    yep.
    Awesome, thanks!

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

More on the used M3 concept: presumably the inner diameters of replacement bushings change with bar size. Do the outer diameters: do the swaybard mounts need to be properly sized?

FWIW I've found that eBay sellers rarely know what size a bar is: they're just "M3" to them, and no one seems to want to drag out a caliper and find out what they have.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567