Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who here has an aftermarket headunit?

I'm looking into a new headunit for my ZHP. My old car had a really nice Pioneer headunit with ipod interface and all sorts of other features. I would like an ipod interface in this car also but not an aux jack. I'd like an ipod cable that charges my iphone as well. Has anyone replaced the stock headunit with an aftermarket one? If so please post what you have as well as a picture if possible.

Thanks!

I just added DICE/Connects2 to my stock HK unit, it plays/charges ipod with a cable (likely iphone but I have BB so I couldn't say for sure). I've also heard people speak highly of USA-Spec.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have both an iPod cable and an aux-input cable installed with my OEM headunit.

If iPod/iPhone connectivity is what you're mainly after, I'd stick to the stock deck and add an iPod cable.

Well I was thinking of that but aftermarket decks have a larger amp so they provide more power. Usually resulting in a better sounding stereo since the stock speakers are run at a much lower level than they can actually safely handle. That's the main reason why I was looking for an aftermarket deck and then just use an adapter kit.

Does anyone have an aftermarket deck?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

i been thinking of getting a double din pioneer for like 250. but damn faceplate is 100+ alone lol. 100 bucks for plastic :

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...-P2300DVD.aspx

You can still do that with the OEM deck. The wires on the plug by the amp in back are full 20Hz to 20kHz and are perfect for splicing into an aftermarket amplifier.

And the stock HK system has more power than any deck out there. If you want more power, an external amplifier is really needed.

I'm just a fan of keeping the dash looking OEM. Can you tell?

Yes I can tell haha. I was thinking of a double din touchscreen basically because my dad has an alpine in his Audi and I like it a lot. Plus I'm 19 years old...so I like technology haha

Plus there's a lot more adjustability available with aftermarket deck. Plus they have gps which would be nice to have.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Yes I can tell haha. I was thinking of a double din touchscreen basically because my dad has an alpine in his Audi and I like it a lot. Plus I'm 19 years old...so I like technology haha

Plus there's a lot more adjustability available with aftermarket deck. Plus they have gps which would be nice to have.
    i think you forgot to mention "plus"

haha yeah I was at work and wasn't paying much attention to how I was phrasing my message.

I got an alpine headunit in my car.
    I got the OEM Convertible Centered Single DIN cover.
    Here is a pic:
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8005860_n.jpg

Sorry for the darkness... but if you want, I'll snap another pic for you.
    EAS used to sell it but I can't find it any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast