Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have an H&R Touring Cup Kit?

I'm seriously thinking about getting one because I can get a great discount through a friend, just looking for a few reviews. I would be getting the Touring kit, not the Sport kit, the Sport kit lowers it too much for me. Oh and pics of your car if you have them, thanks!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

This thread is relevant to my interests... Although I'm considering the Sport setup.

On the HR website, they have an option for each package "with sport sus" or "w/o sport sus" I'm assuming that's a reference to the ZHP package?
    So we would be ordering the "with sport sus" kits?
    -ADAM

Interested as well.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

The non-sport kit will fit, but might even raise the car and probably rides a little softer than the OEM sport setup. I would recommend the sport cupkit if you want something similar to OEM ride/handling, with a mild drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP-Mafia View Post
    The non-sport kit will fit, but might even raise the car and probably rides a little softer than the OEM sport setup. I would recommend the sport cupkit if you want something similar to OEM ride/handling, with a mild drop.
    Edit: I don't think the touring kit will actually raise the car any, but the ride is gonna be a bit "mushier" than the stock setup.

I HAVE IT!!!! i just installed it 4 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. (the H and R touring kit that is) yeah, the sport would be too much low and prob rub. the touring lowers front by .75, and rear by .25. Perfect. I have no pics....actuallly, hang on. Ryans 323 took a pic. Let me find it.
    Go here, page 3. ryans323 took pics.
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...fficulty/page3

Edit: I just read some of these posts. The Touring Cup Kit Definitely lowers the car. I have ZHP. It still lowers it and it is stiffer (but still comfortable) in the zhp. All of us have the "sport" suspension from the factory. Again, the Touring kit lowers the front by .75 inches, and the rear by .25 inches. For me, this is perfect amount of low. Post any questions and ill do my best to answer.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i
    Ok, David, that looks AWESOME! I have never considered changing my ZHP's stock suspension because, like many, I find it a great balance of sport & comfort. But – thanks to all of YOUS GUYS & your "moar lowerz!!" – the idea is growing on me. When my OE dampeners are gone (which I don't think is too far into the future . . . ), I just may hit the H&R Touring Cup kit . . .

Minor side note/question: Do any alignment gurus know if a drop & stiffer springs (like these H&Rs in question) should call for a change in alignment specs from factory? Or will the suspension geometry – when the car's properly weighted – take care of that itself?

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Ok, David, that looks AWESOME! I have never considered changing my ZHP's stock suspension because, like many, I find it a great balance of sport & comfort. But – thanks to all of YOUS GUYS & your "moar lowerz!!" – the idea is growing on me. When my OE dampeners are gone (which I don't think is too far into the future . . . ), I just may hit the H&R Touring Cup kit . . .

Minor side note/question: Do any alignment gurus know if a drop & stiffer springs (like these H&Rs in question) should call for a change in alignment specs from factory? Or will the suspension geometry – when the car's properly weighted – take care of that itself?
    If you drop one inch...that will produce about 1 degree of neg camber. Basic thumbrule and not exact.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Crickett,
    Someone smarter than me on alignments will prob answer this before then, but Monday I go in for an alignment. I just did suspensions and control arm bushings. I will know Monday for sure but in this case especially, I don't see the need to change the specs.

Also, im in real estate and still do take around clients on occasion, so I have to keep a somewhat proffessional look. The lowering that this kit provided gave me the look I wanted.....which was the average jjoe would think I had a sporty car, but only those that knew cars would know it had an aftermarket suspension.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    I HAVE IT!!!! i just installed it 4 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. (the H and R touring kit that is) yeah, the sport would be too much low and prob rub. the touring lowers front by .75, and rear by .25. Perfect. I have no pics....actuallly, hang on. Ryans 323 took a pic. Let me find it.
    Go here, page 3. ryans323 took pics.
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...fficulty/page3

Edit: I just read some of these posts. The Touring Cup Kit Definitely lowers the car. I have ZHP. It still lowers it and it is stiffer (but still comfortable) in the zhp. All of us have the "sport" suspension from the factory. Again, the Touring kit lowers the front by .75 inches, and the rear by .25 inches. For me, this is perfect amount of low. Post any questions and ill do my best to answer.
    Mtnman,
    This is the exact response I was hoping for!! That's great, you said exactly what I wanted to hear, and I'm definitely going touring. I'm not willing to sacrifice driveability and having to slow to a stop when going into a driveway so I don't scrape. Your car looks great with the .75" lower up fron and .25" in the rear. Plus to be honest, I'm not huge on the "lowered" car look, makes me feel like I'm trying to be young again, no offense to anyone out there though. I do like the look, just not on my own car. Anyhow, thanks again for thw write up, it's on now!

One question, where'd you get it and how much? If you don't mind... You can pm me if you want.
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast