Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Minor problems, possible dealer only fix

I have been looking into what normal functions for this car should be and I've found a couple things that may be corrected by a dealer, but I'm not 100% sure. The first is the alarm, specifically the lights on the car when it's armed. On every car I've ever had with a factory alarm, arming it flashes the lights and also may sound the horn. It does not do this on my 330i. When I press lock on the key, I hear the doors lock, and the interior lights shut off, but there's nothing going on with the exterior lights or horn. Same when I unlock it. One touch unlocks the driver door, 2 opens the other doors, but no lights on the outside. I found this thread on e46: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=807290 that says a dealer should be able to change this setting, can anyone confirm? By reflash, I assume they mean a software update or a return to factory default.

The second problem isn't really a problem but a setting with the door locks. Driving over 8mph locks all the doors. This is getting annoying, as I have to manually unlock the doors every time I get out of the car and need to open the back door. The owner's manual says this can be changed at a dealer. Does anyone know if they charge for something like this? Has anyone had to have this changed?

The last is the heater. I'm in FL, so heating isn't really a concern but for a month or 2 out of the year. I turned the heat on the other day to test it out, and it does work fine, but seconds after I turn it on the low coolant light comes on. If I turn the heater off, seconds later the low coolant light goes back off. The light remains on as long as the heat is on. From what I gather, it seems like when the fluid goes to the heater, it must drop just below the limit to set off the light, and when the heater goes off, the fluid returns.

Anything thoughts on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    The second problem isn't really a problem but a setting with the door locks. Driving over 8mph locks all the doors. This is getting annoying, as I have to manually unlock the doors every time I get out of the car and need to open the back door. The owner's manual says this can be changed at a dealer. Does anyone know if they charge for something like this? Has anyone had to have this changed?

Anything thoughts on these?
    I can answer this part of your question. This is part of the central locking system. The dealer can recode this for you. They will likely charge you an hour for this. Charging an hour sucks, though, since it doesn't take nearly that long to do.

I figured as much, nothing is free these days. Maybe I'll be able to combine this labor with ordering a new key and having it coded, I'm sure that doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do either. Thanks Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    I figured as much, nothing is free these days. Maybe I'll be able to combine this labor with ordering a new key and having it coded, I'm sure that doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do either. Thanks Marcus.
    You can also have a BMW indy shop do the coding, assuming they have the machine to do it. My buddy, Shane, has the machine that does this. I go to his shop when I need stuff done (DRL, central locks, etc.).

I'll make a few phone calls. We do have some German auto places around here, it'd be nice to save a penny if I can. It's funny they've made these things essentially impossible to change for the average owner. This kind of thing should be a courtesy service by the dealer for owning one of their $40,000+ cars, IMO. Perhaps they had to think up ways to get people back to the dealer since they built the cars so well.

Takes about 5 minutes to correct both of your concerns above. I took mine to an indy with Carsoft and they did both, and disabled my DRL's for about $80.00.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Out of curiosity, why disable the DRLs?

I disabled them, because my Angel eye's are my DRL's now....and I thought they looked like poopy have the A/E's and the DRL's...

With DRL's...

Without DRL's...

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Are those angeleyes hard to wire? Is there any cutting or splicing involved or is everything plug and pray?

One tap in point is in the DME....and they provide the wire tap.

Install guide is at the bottom. When it asks you for password...type in JSWCUSTOMER

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/3-Se...duct_info.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast