Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New member, hopefully zhp soon

Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself seeing I am officially part of the board now. I have been lurking for about a month cause I really want to get into a ZHP sedan. My name is Alex and I live in Sacramento CA. I have been a BMW owner/CCA member since 1996 and a fan of the cars since I was like 13. Our neighbor bought a new E30 M3 back in 88 and I was hooked. Though, I didn't get to own my first BMW till I was in college. I needed something economical and fun to drive around and ended up buying a 91 318is w/ LSD. Still to this day that is probably the most fun I have had in a car. I put over 200k miles on that car, 30+ track days, and it just kept right on going. I had to do the normal stuff, Brakes, suspension, tires, belts, fluids and the occasional little thing here and there, but the darn drive line was always solid. Anyhow, after graduating collage and landing my first "real" job I bought my dream car: 1989 M3. It was the best "drivers" BMW I have owned to date, but also quite a headache. For some reason that thing just never ran at 100%. There was always something little that had to be done. As frustrating as it was, I never could get myself to part with it till last year. With a growing family and a hectic work life, there just wasn't time for track days, rallies, Sunday cruises, etc. anymore. So she left the fleet to happy new owner in NY. In-between then and now I have had 2 E36's, another E30 318is, An E46 325, X3 (wife's car), and my current car an E90 335 6MT. The current car has the BMW performance suspension, M3 front control arms and tie rods, and PS2's (non RFT). It's a great car and fun to drive, but I just miss something about the NA BMW's of the past.

In the past year or so I have directed 3 friends to an E46 zhp as the perfect BMW for practicality and fun. And, well, I think I need to take my own advice and get one too. I have a friend who owns a BMW shop and over the years has taught me a lot so I try to do as much work as I can myself. I also have become a bit of a detail addict after being introduced to detailedimage.com. These guys are awesome and the stuff I have learned and used over the past 3-4 years makes me wish I could go back in time and put the skills to use on past cars. Anyhow, I plan to sell the E90 at some point soon and my dream ZHP is a low mileage, enthusiast owned, Mystic blue sedan with Black leather, black cube trim, 6 speed MT, HK audio, and heated seats. I'd also take a coupe with the same options but prefer a sedan. It's easier to get my two kids in and out of. I like what I have seen on the board so far and the people seem like a good group. I kept the same screen name I have had for years on other boards (bimmerpost, E46fanatics, etc.) even though it doesn't apply much anymore (the - real - M3). Figured it was just easier than having to be creative or remember a new login. ;-) Hopefully I haven't bored anyone too much with my post and look forward to contributing in the future.

Take it easy.

Alex

Alex, thanks for the introduction. Please make yourself at home.

Welcome.

Welcome Alex!

Nice introduction! Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences and tapping some of that knowledge! Good luck with your search and aquisition of a ZHP. There are deals posted here almost daily and there is a strong knowledge base among the members.

It also sounds like you have quite a breadth of experience across the 3 series. Once you get settled in here and get your ZHP, we'd love to hear and share in your experiences over at BMWMafia.com, too.

Do you have past and present pictures of the fleet to share?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Yay another mystic blue lover! :D

Welcome Alex and thanks for the tip on the detailing.

I am also like you, new member hoping to get one soon. This is a wonderful site and I am sure you are soon going to find the car you are searching for.

Welcome to the Mafia Alex.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome aboard. I too, love the Mystic Blue. Good luck to you. I went down to Dallas to get mine.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Welcome to the Family.

Great intro.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Welcome, Alex. I'm sure that you will find that perfect ZHP before too long.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast