Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    E36 M3 is still in STU getting slaughtered by Evos and STIs. The quick BMWs in STX are the E30 M3 and E36 325i/328i. The E30 325i/is is also fairly quick.

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    I agree with this. Do some minor mods and see if it's something you really want to do competitively. If so, go find the right car for you that can be competitive in whatever class you decide you want to race in.
    Yeah, just get out there and have fun. Decide later whether to do a build or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    E36 M3 is still in STU getting slaughtered by Evos and STIs. The quick BMWs in STX are the E30 M3 and E36 325i/328i. The E30 325i/is is also fairly quick.

Hmmm, hate to say it, but maybe if its something I really want to get into a Subaru is a good idea. I dont really want to drive the bmw in the winter anyway lol.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    Hmmm, hate to say it, but maybe if its something I really want to get into a Subaru is a good idea. I dont really want to drive the bmw in the winter anyway lol.
    Look at results from Nationals if you want to get an idea of contender cars.
    Here's the results from Blytheville Nationals a couple weeks ago, for example.
    http://www.scca.com/popup/raceresult...7116&file=1325

There are a few folks in there that I auto-x with, who are REALLY good at the local level, but if you look at the results, they're getting 15 and 16th places in STR, and 9th in STU

I'm still waiting to get a dry day all around so I can compare with STU. In STX you either need a prep'ed RX-8 or a prep'ed RX-8 to compete on national level, lol

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    I'm still waiting to get a dry day all around so I can compare with STU. In STX you either need a prep'ed RX-8 or a prep'ed RX-8 to compete on national level, lol
    There was 1 RX-8 at the one I went to this weekend, he was doing alright. I wonder if RX-7s do good.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Nationally in STX the cars that have done well, course dependent, are civic si's, e36 non m 3 series, rx-8's e-30 m3's, wrx, and hopefully (although not many are being built) e46 non m 3 series (zhp!). Other slightly out of contention cars seem to be the min cooper s and acura rsx type s

Yep, while the RX-8 is one of the stronger cars in the class, an RX-8 hasn't won yet. The ZHP can get it done, but they're not cheap to build and only a couple of us are trying with much effort.

Anyway, drive your car with minimal mods while you're learning, and take as much instruction as you can. Find some co-drives or ride alongs with some different cars and see what you like. The answer is usually Miata, for about five different classes, for a good reason. =]

BMWCCA is very location-dependent, and much more about putzing around and having fun. SCCA is srs bsns, and where you'll find the best competition most widely. Number of runs will depend largely on the local club and how well it's organized. We usually get 6 runs in for 135ish drivers, but it has to be run like the military to achieve that.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Yep, while the RX-8 is one of the stronger cars in the class, an RX-8 hasn't won yet. The ZHP can get it done, but they're not cheap to build and only a couple of us are trying with much effort.

Anyway, drive your car with minimal mods while you're learning, and take as much instruction as you can. Find some co-drives or ride alongs with some different cars and see what you like. The answer is usually Miata, for about five different classes, for a good reason. =]

BMWCCA is very location-dependent, and much more about putzing around and having fun. SCCA is srs bsns, and where you'll find the best competition most widely. Number of runs will depend largely on the local club and how well it's organized. We usually get 6 runs in for 135ish drivers, but it has to be run like the military to achieve that.
    I like the SRS BZNs

I also refuse to ever get a miata lol :P Although, oddly the fastest I have ever done in a straight was in a miata lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123