Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Red = don’t use.
    I would never use it as a lift point, but I think it's acceptable as a safety point.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    It's tough only on the ramps. It would be cool to jack car up as high as possible (with low pro jack), then stick a ramp under there as a safety.
    Maybe its just because I'm a really skinny 21 year old but I have always found the ramps to provide plenty of room for oil changes. I have the RhinoRamp Max. Only issue I find is that the bumper rubs on the ramps unless I put a small 1x4 or something on the ground right in front of where the ramp starts to incline. Sure beats other car manufactures where you have to try and snake your arm somewhere to get the oil filter out..lol
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    Maybe its just because I'm a really skinny 21 year old but I have always found the ramps to provide plenty of room for oil changes. I have the RhinoRamp Max. Only issue I find is that the bumper rubs on the ramps unless I put a small 1x4 or something on the ground right in front of where the ramp starts to incline. Sure beats other car manufactures where you have to try and snake your arm somewhere to get the oil filter out..lol
    The reviews scared me away from Rhinoramps.

Any thoughts on an alternate location for the rear jack points? My LR jack point collapsed in due to rust (which I need to fix before the rust spreads any further) so I've been using the rear pumpkin, which I find less than ideal (harder to access and not as stable.)

Does the frame rail highlighted in green in that photo also provide a good surface to jack near the back?

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Any thoughts on an alternate location for the rear jack points? My LR jack point collapsed in due to rust (which I need to fix before the rust spreads any further) so I've been using the rear pumpkin, which I find less than ideal (harder to access and not as stable.)

Does the frame rail highlighted in green in that photo also provide a good surface to jack near the back?
    I imagine it would be fine but I've never used it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post

No, the frame rail does not extend all the way to the rear of the car. Only lift the rear from the jack pad on either side or the diff carrier from directly in the back of the car

Jack points? doityourself

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post

I wouldn't recommend using the "red" point.....but the "green" point there is right on the frame.

You should never....ever..need to use these alternate jack points however.

Always.....jack up one side of your car using the "rear" jack point. Put a jack stand under the front jack point (yellow). Then...on the other side.....jack the car up using the front jack point (yellow)......and slide a jackstand under the green or red area......and then relax the jack.....until it just touches.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    I don't ever use the red square, it's not strong enough. The reinforcing plate is made of aluminum and will likely deform when used as a jacking point

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I don't ever use the red square, it's not strong enough. The reinforcing plate is made of aluminum and will likely deform when used as a jacking point
    I use the red circle all the time to lift up the front to get a jack stand under the front pads. No issues at all.

I would rather have a quickjack of course. One day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    I use the red circle all the time to lift up the front to get a jack stand under the front pads. No issues at all.

I would rather have a quickjack of course. One day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Red circle ⭕️ ?

Autozone.com
    Here’s what I do:
    Jack up the car at the rear jacking pad and place a jack stand up front. Go around to the other side and repeat.

Here’s what I WANT to do:
    I want to get all four wheels up off the ground. I was thinking of doing the process above and then using the rear diff to get the back of the car up to get a second set of jack stands under the rear jacking points.

Thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast