Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Jack points? doityourself

Quick question...where are the jack points on the ZHP besides the 2 along each side and the rear diff? My harbor freight 3 ton jack isn't low-profile enough to get under the side jack points so I have to jack up the rear diff to get jack stands under the side jack points. Are there other jack points on the car?

I wouldn't recommend using the "red" point.....but the "green" point there is right on the frame.

You should never....ever..need to use these alternate jack points however.

Always.....jack up one side of your car using the "rear" jack point. Put a jack stand under the front jack point (yellow). Then...on the other side.....jack the car up using the front jack point (yellow)......and slide a jackstand under the green or red area......and then relax the jack.....until it just touches.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

thanks for the info dane!

And for the record, DO NOT JACK BY THE DIFFERENTIAL ITSELF! If you're going to jack up the rear, do so by the frame just in front of the diff.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Quick question...where are the jack points on the ZHP besides the 2 along each side and the rear diff? My harbor freight 3 ton jack isn't low-profile enough to get under the side jack points so I have to jack up the rear diff to get jack stands under the side jack points. Are there other jack points on the car?
    I also encountered this over the weekend.. it was odd. Makes me worried I won't be able to jack up the car when I change out the suspension.

I need to check the air in my tires - make sure I'm running recommended pressure.

I'm also using a Craftsman 3 ton jack that is not low-profile. I think I'm going to sell the jack and pick up a low-profile one later this summer.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

^^
    My dad and I looked for a high-capacity jack that was low-profile but didn't find one. His 20+ year old jack's died finally so we bought one from advance auto which sucked and bit the dust in less than a month. We do a lot of car work in our garage so we need a heavy duty high-capacity jack which is why we went back to a craftsman 3-ton jack. If you find a durable low-profile jack, please let me know!

Harbor frieght has a low profile 3 ton jack. i have the 1.5 low profile, and it works welll. Dane has the same one. I swear i saw a 3 ton one just like mine for about 2 hundo there.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

i'll check it out. Not sure if my dad will love buying another jack but i'll talk to him. After all isn't it a rule of thumb that having a 4 car garage means you need at least 2 jacks?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    i'll check it out. Not sure if my dad will love buying another jack but i'll talk to him. After all isn't it a rule of thumb that having a 4 car garage means you need at least 2 jacks?
    Definitely makes sense to me, although i would go at him with "anything over a 3 car garage means you are required to have a hydraulic lift"....Aim High. lol
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Definitely makes sense to me, although i would go at him with "anything over a 3 car garage means you are required to have a hydraulic lift"....Aim High. lol

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast