Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I already tried that about a year ago aaaand...it didn't work haha. Even though we have 20ft ceilings in our garage he said no go on the lift...

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Quick question...where are the jack points on the ZHP besides the 2 along each side and the rear diff? My harbor freight 3 ton jack isn't low-profile enough to get under the side jack points so I have to jack up the rear diff to get jack stands under the side jack points. Are there other jack points on the car?
    Sorry... just remembered this.

In another thread, Dane said you can lift the rear jack pad enough to get a stand under the front. I did it that way this weekend - it worked well except I couldn't get the stands to line up the way I wanted them to on the pads. So it took me like 10 minutes to get the stands aligned on the pads and the car in the air.

You should be able to use the stock jack on the front jack pad to lift the car enough to get your non-low profile jack under the rear jack pad, then lift the car with the jack and put your stand under the front pad. Then repeat for the other side.

If you need to get all four in the air, you'll need to be creative how you work the order so you can raise the rear by the frame in front of the differential using your jack.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Yeah I guess I'll have to do that. Was hoping for an easier way but looks like that's it unless I buy another jack which I'm not crazy about doing.

Thanks!

You know I could use a video explaining this clearer. Im completely lost. Why raised the rear to put stands on the front...... :?

Here is a brief synopsis of how I understand it:

Say you want to raise the front end of your car. So you lift your car using a jack at the front jack pads on the sides of the car. Now, with your floor jack at the jack pad on the side of the car, there are very few "recommended" points to put your jack stands under the front car to keep the car up off the ground.

And there is no front central jacking point on a non-Xi that you can "safely" lift both sides of your car by at once.

If you lift the car high enough using a floor jack on the rear jack pad, you can get a jack stand under the front jack pad. Then you repeat on the other side.

Doing it this way affords you the opportunity to use the jack pads as a "safe" point to place your jack stands.

Does that help?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Lol ya I think. Is it not advised to do this if your not on completely flat ground I live sorta on a hill and my driveway is slightly not flat. If I were to guess maybe a decline of 5°. Enough so that when I try to lift the rear end from rear center jack point one side is about an inch or two higher off the ground.

Yeah. Definately not advised on anything other than flat ground.

For non-flat ground, I'd make sure the wheels are chocked before, during and after the lift, and, if possible, the height of each jack stand is adjusted so the car is almost level.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    If you find a durable low-profile jack, please let me know!
    Sears sells a jack with stands as a package deal. Don't recall the price but they do tend to have sales on major holidays. Speaking of which, Harbor Freight sells a pair of aluminum jack stands for $40 and, at least as of a week ago, they had a stack of coupons at the cashier stand for 25% off any single item purchased on July 4th. Bring the whole fam and buy 2 pairs of stands and a low-pro alum jack and you're off to the proverbial races.

Let's just remember what's important here......

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ight=christian
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Let's just remember what's important here......

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ight=christian
    Great reminder. Good looking out, DW.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast