Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Window Tint

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Don't take it off...Find another shop that will pass it. There are plenty of other shops out there that don't have guys that have their heads up their asses enough to fail a car with 34% tint
    This.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Just took my car to have the tints removed. Bottom line was that unless I had the receipt for the previous tints I wasn't going to be able to sneak it by MD state inspection. I payed $100 to get the tints off which I kind of regret. But at the same time they did a nice job and didn't leave any glue / didn't damage any defroster lines in the rear window. It was worth it to get rid of the headache.

But now my car is too bright

Pass inspection, re-do tint!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

clear car class usually reads at about 1-2% just by itself. You likely had 35% film applied, so you wound up at a net of somewhere under 35%. Georgia's law is 32%, i would assume for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcdkey View Post
    Lol there's no way they are 34%.. most tint shops only do specific percentages 50%, 35%, 20%, 15%, 5%. I know this because I used to work with one. I suggest you get the receipt from the shop that did the tints (if it says 35% on it) or just try the inspection and tell them that its 35%. If theyre nice, they'll let you go.
    I have 20% on my car but I was pulled over and the state trooper measured the rear door window at 14%. Don't understand why because 6% difference is a little much but I didnt ask questions. Limit is 32% here in Alabama as well.
    2004 Black Saphire Metallic 330i ZHP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12