Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I had Ventus v12s on my 325i for 30k miles of spirited driving and they were just getting down towards the wear bars. That doesn't include whatever miles were put on those tires by the PO. Was planning on new rubber for this spring, but unloaded it to pick up the ZHP.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

The PO had just put a set of the pilots on the front of mine. They have a treadwear rating of 220. The rears are getting pretty bad and they are bridgestone potenzas with a tread rating of 140. I was gonna replace them with pilots as soon as all the roadwork around my place is done. My rears are 255's. I assumed that was the stock size.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Yep. 225 in front. 255 on the rears.

I always figured if I got 30k out of a pair of good performance tires I was doing well. That's easily a couple years for me.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Ok, now that we have a site of just zhp owners, im curious about everyone's tire wear, and experience with tires. Pls let me know sizes, wear, and personal experience of what you have run. Ill start, as I am getting new tires tomorrow.

I run a staggered setup, so there is no rotation tires. My last (current set until tomorrow) was michelin pilot sport AS Plus. 235/40/18 and 265/35/18. These tires have almost exactly 20,000 miles on them right now. The front tires are only 1/2 worn, but the rears are bald. I mean done. I am replacing rears only with Continental DWS, and also going down to a 255/35/18. I hope this helps with my wear in the rear. (side note, i do not do burnouts, etc, but do drive Sporty) I did thoroughly enjoy the michilens. grip was great, especially in rain and snow. And they were quiet at highway speeds. I just thought i would get more wear out of a guaranteed 45k mile tire.

What kind of wear do the rest of you experience?

David
    20k is very good. I'd use the guarantee on the A/S Plus and replace them; I'm pretty sure they have one. The A/S plus and DWS are going to be a weird matchup.

If you run Star Specs like me you're very happy with 15k miles.
    - Derek

Yeah, the as plus had a 45,000 mile warrenty, but not rotating them voids that. So no luck there. Why do you think the michilens and the dws will be weird together? They both are 500+ treadwear ratings, and temp and traction ratings are the same.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Always rock Michelin Pilot Sports Summers

Front 225/40ZR18

Rear 255/35ZR18

I have gotten a good 25k from the rear. My current rear tires have about 10k on em and look brand new still. Im happy with that considering they are summer tires on a RWD car thats sees curvy roads often.

Fronts I had put about 25k on, but they were at about 2/3 when I bought the car.

I like em and will probably keep on buying em

Ok, just a quick review. I have had the continental dws for about 200 miles now, and they are nice and quiet at highway speeds. Also, it snowed about 3-4inches here last night, and they got the zhp out of the driveway just fine, and the drive is uphill. I was always impressed with the pilot sport as plus's snow capability. Imshouldnhave more to report on the dws tomorrow, as we are supposed to get another three inches, and I have t work tomorrow. I drive about half the day at work.
    David
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Just got a quote for the PILOT SPORT PS2 Mounted, balanced and aligned for $1400.00 cash. (Butler Tire)
    I'm sold on the Michelin's. And really with the amount of miles I put on the car, I will probably have to replace them from dry rot before wear. I just wonder if the extra 4-500.00 vs. lets say the Continental extreme dws is really worth it.
    -ADAM

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Adam, I got my Michelin PS2 through Tirerack. These were 19 inch tires with 245 on the front and 265 on the rear. That $1400 sounds high. I paid less for mine. I brought the tires to Discount Tires, where they mounted and balanced. An alignment is $100 in our neighborhood.

You're getting 18 inch tires. 225 on front and 255 on the rear?

I'm a fan of the Mich tires as well.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast