Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

ABS ASC and BRAKE lights on!!

Hey guys

I have a problem where my abs, asc, and brake lights stay on and remain on. I'm not really sure what caused the problem since all 3 lights have been on since I bought the car. I'm thinking it's a sensor issue and all 3 lights could be related. I doubt it is the ABS module. Any thoughts on which part it is (specific sensor that I should replace)? Should I just bring the car to a BMW dealership and let them run a diagnostics/fix the problem? That would probably be the most expensive way of fixing it, but I would love some input on what you guys think the problem might be. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Do you have an auto or manual? Any maintenance recently? Any driveability issues?

Since the ABS/ASC/DSC and brake systems are pretty intertwined, there are a number of things that can cause these lights to illuminate. When my lights came on, my indy mechanic indicated that a code reader that can read BMW ABS codes is a little pricey. He has one and offered to read codes for me. This along might make it worth while to get diagnosed by BMW or a tech with an appropriate code reader first. (My code reader will read GM/Ford ABS codes)

It might be worth mentioning that a lot of people have had issues with wheel sensors that contribute to these lights illuminating.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

its a 6 speed manual, no drivability issues whatsoever, pulls hard and drives well, engine is in great shape just did an oil pressure and compression test on engine. The only maintenance recently done was new spark plugs and oil change/ new filters. The lights were always on even before I had done any maintenance.

Could just be a bad wheel speed sensor. Have an indy read the abs code.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Is the BRAKE like red or orange?

check wheel speed sensors first, I had similar problem
    2004 330ci ZHP, Leather, Jet Black, 6 speed, Black Cube, Dinan Intake, 39k miles
    Brand New Michelin Pilot Super Sports. BMW motorsports front and rear rotors to be installed.
    car will be for sale this year

Here is a pic of the lights, I believe the brake light is red, the ABS light is orange, and the ASC light is yellow in the middle. But aside from this, I have a huge problem. Yesterday, my brother went to take the car out to test its power and for some stupid reason he went to a standstill, dumped the clutch and floored it. The car made a loud clunk noise and the car didn't move from the standstill. I know the car has 160,000 miles but the clutch seemed to be in great shape until this (no slip), and now you can't even get the car to move. The engine is fine, but did he blow the clutch? Or a flywheel? What do you think I need to do? It seems like the shifter isn't even attached because when I shift it into gear and try to get the car rolling, it will not move. Would best bet be to get an aftermarket clutch like a UUC?

That's indicative of a wheel speed sensor. As for the car not moving and a loud clunk, he may have broken something in the back (halfshafts) or could have blown your diff up.