Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Guess what I found.... And it's fully OEM!

http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=845704
    I'll probably go this route soon. If anyone has a source for the E90 projectors or just the reflectors, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by edlvrt View Post
    I'll probably go this route soon. If anyone has a source for the E90 projectors or just the reflectors, please let us know.
    yep, my lights are nowhere near as bright as my E39 xenons were....

Here is what my burned out ZKW projector bowl looked like when I pulled it out...

There's even a crack just above my finger but you can't see it because of how burned out the projector is

Ended up replacing these awesome projector bowls with the OEM M3 bi-xenon projector bowls. I transferred the ZKW lens and this is the light output on the passenger's side.

Amazing that someone designed plastic projector bowls thinking this would work great... Now I'm going to have to get another set to rebuild my driver's side...

Where did you get bowls and how much? We have been asking about bowl replacement and up until now the answer has been "no".

Thanks for the info Charlie.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Where did you get bowls and how much? We have been asking about bowl replacement and up until now the answer has been "no".

Thanks for the info Charlie.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Dane,

I purchased my M3 bi-xenon headlight assembly from eBay. Price iirc was $350 for passengers side only. The only issue I have at present is getting the bi-xenon shutters to work. The M3 shutters use 3 wires whereas the ZKW shutters use 2. So I got some researching to do. At least I have lows...can always get my car programmed to use the inner highs...

Dane, I have some pics of the install and will share what I have done in another post. Took the ZHP out for an evening drive and the light output was great

Just wish I got the shutter to work though...

Thanks Charlie. Good lookin out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane,

Drove into work very early this morning. I can say that the light output was excellent. The only concern I have is that I might lose the bi-xenon capability. If that happens then for the money it's still a good conversion. All I would have to do is have my car reprogrammed so that whenever I move my stock over for high beams the inside halogen hi beams work. Still, better than buying new ZKW headlight assemblies for over $1200...

For $700 you have lights that work half way? If there's no way to fix the bixenon function....Mmm..not sure bro, though you're right....anything is better than Zkw.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Charlie, Did you originally have Bi-Xenon functionality? You should be able to splice the M3 Shutter Connectors onto the the 330i wires and add the extra needed wire and run it to the LCM. TerraPhantm is more educated on the matter. You should PM him on e46F.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Charlie, Did you originally have Bi-Xenon functionality? You should be able to splice the M3 Shutter Connectors onto the the 330i wires and add the extra needed wire and run it to the LCM. TerraPhantm is more educated on the matter. You should PM him on e46F.
    Yes, I had bi-xenon functionality before doing the OEM M3 projector retrofit. This is why I chose the M3 bi-xenon projectors so that I could retain this feature. I can say that the light output with the retrofitted projectors is like a night and day experience. I didn't fully realize just how bad my ZKW's had gotten...

The 330i wires plug right into the solenoid with exception of the 3rd wire (it's missing). All I need to do is wire up the 3rd wire but right now I don't know how to do this. I will have to do some further research on this to make it work but I know it can be done.

Thanks for suggesting that I PM TerraPhantm about this. I think this is a great suggestion

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast