Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    So the splitters are just a wiring harness? What's the function, or point of buying it? And which choice did you get? Also, I thought this kit was just new stainless bowls, but it comes with the projector lenses as well? Can we not reuse our OEM projectors? is there a benefit or downside to the new projectors vs OEM ones from the car?
    Sorry, I didn't ask too much since I won't be doing the installation. The default splitter option(top) is what they told me. If you call them or contact them on their website, I'm sure they would be happy to answer your questions. I didn't think of switching out the projector lenses.

Gotcha, I'll feel them out when I place my order. Thanks
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

I had them installed, but still haven't had the chance to try them at night. I think I need to adjust them up a bit as the cut-off looked a bit low in the parking garage. They didn't end up using the high beam splitter.

One thing that did throw me off was that the Evox-R bowls are plastic. I'm not sure that was mentioned before and prior experience leaves me a little skeptical.

I did this job and the results are amazing.
    I realize I was driving blind at night...

I have condensation inside the lens (See picture). Is this because I did not change the seal on the lens ?
    Name:  IMG_20170605_204728 (1).jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  864.3 KB

Ordered E46 ZKW RetroQuick Repair Kit from The Retrofit Source. This is what they sent when I asked for instructions. Clearly limited... Thanks to all of you for adding the detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '03 330i/6 ZHP TiAg
    2017 Chevy Bolt
    2016 eGolf meh... Gone
    Donated: '97 328i (wife's)
    Sold: Supercharged '96 318 Convertible
    Sold: '05 330/6 ZHP SilverGray

Replaced ZKW HIDs with The Retrofit Source so-called e46 kit

Their so-called kit isn't much of a kit, but at the end of the day, I'm happy that I can see again.

Their instructions aren't worth the pdf they're printed on, but thanks to some folks here and elsewhere posting photos and or videos I ended up making it all work.

Couple of things from my install come to mind as worth passing on, things that I've not seen in other discussions of this install (although that may simply be because I sometimes have a knack for not seeing the obvious.)

1) Once you've ground the plastic away to mount the brackets flush, they can fit 4 different ways but there is only 1 correct fit... the one that matches the bowl/lens assembly being mounted with the high-beam shutter on the bottom opposite the flat edge of the housing (because the lens flips L to R and top to bottom.)

2) When you re-use the screws from the original assembly to mount the new bracket, there may be clearance issues when mounting the bowl/lens assembly... I addressed this by shortening the screws.

3) You will not use all of the parts that TRS sends. They toss several completely useless items into the kit so that if the lack of instructions doesn't confuse you, the extra rings and electric coupler will. You will only use the 1 thick dark plastic ring if you are doing the zkw replacement as I did.

4) the provided electrical lead to the high beam shutter will need to be clipped/soldiered/sealed before being plugged into the new bowl/lens. Getting it to seat once it is ready to be attached is not easy, as the spot it goes into is narrow and deep. Getting it back out seems nearly impossible, so I'd suggest checking your work several times before plugging the high beam shutter lead into the new bowl/lens.

5) If you turned the height adjustment knob all the way so that the lights point down to remove the silver parts from the black housing when disassembling the lights as some instructions rightly suggest, I recommend that prior to reinstalling the completed lights into the housing you first turn the middle height adjustment knob all the way back (as if the lights are aimed fully upward) before trying to seat the lights in the housing for a much easier reassembly.

It is amazing what some of us have been missing with the burnt bowls. The difference in lighting is really quite drastic.

It is also amazing that BMW has not made right on this clear safety issue.
    '03 330i/6 ZHP TiAg
    2017 Chevy Bolt
    2016 eGolf meh... Gone
    Donated: '97 328i (wife's)
    Sold: Supercharged '96 318 Convertible
    Sold: '05 330/6 ZHP SilverGray

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738