Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did have it looked at by BMW, but it did not solve it, so im open to any advice! This happens every way. auto, sport, and in auto-manual. its funny, going from regular drive to sport mode in my car does nothing. regular drive at 1/6 throttle will keep the car in gear till 4k rpms....it takes work to make it shift sooner than that. I almost wish they could reset the computer on my shift points...but thats another story. Whats your angle on the sport mode question, Mike?
    Oh and for the record, the dip seems to still be there when the AC is off, but it is GREATLY reduced. I am going to investigate this angle further.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

My guess would be that the difference with the a/c on is just because of the added drag on the engine making it more noticeable. Similar to how people say the 4000 dip is easier to feel when going uphill. Just a guess though.

Slightly OT but when I bought my old 79 320i I wasn't happy with the way it would downshift or hold a gear. It took too much throttle to get it to kick down or hold a gear. One day I noticed a cable running from the throttle linkage down toward the transmission so I just adjusted that cable, basically taking some slack out of it. It transformed the car! Worked great after that....like a BMW should have. You could use the throttle to control the trans so much better. Too bad that now days with electronic auto transmissions there are no easy adjustments like that to be made.

Barry

My thoughts exactly Barry.

and I wish I had a cable. much easier to tweak than a computer!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

4,000 rpm stumble

So I just read SIB 12 17 05, and it says it only pertains to manual transmission vehicles. Does anyone here have a auto trans that experiences the 4,000 RPM stumble?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12