Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    I have contacted them, how did it work for you?
    Sideshow

What system did they replace them with? I am in contact with Lightwerkz, but their solution is about $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    What system did they replace them with? I am in contact with Lightwerkz, but their solution is about $500.
    That sounds about right. Projects are about $140 plus labor and return shipping.

And worth every penny…. My ZKW's weren't even that bad (my passenger side had no visible defects/burnt plastic) and the Lightwerkz upgrade is night and day better than my old stock setup.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Thanks for opening a case with the NHTSA. I filed my own complaint 2 years ago. Maybe with the GM ignition switch recall, they will be more active about opening investigations.

Maybe I'll order the kit from TRS. I think I can handle a little cutting and epoxying to fix my light output.

Does anyone know if the RetroQuik kit from TRS can also be used with an AL bi-xenon? TRS just told me know in online chat. Trying to figure out why it doesn't fit there... I realize the frames that hold the bolts have a different bolt pattern.

Edit: I just ordered the E46 ZKW RetroQuik kit with some JB Weld. Ordered for both lights. Even though TRS said it won't work for the AL, I plan to see if there is some way to make it fit with some extra JB Weld and trimming. Otherwise I'll retrofit only the driver's side (ZKW) and sell the other one.

I just filed a complain at you suggested. There are MULTIPLE complaints about this same issue. BMW should do the right thing and recall these and replace them with safe, durable headlights.
    Last edited by LivesNearCostco; 04-07-2014 at 12:24 PM.

FWIW, I filed a complaint as well. Doubt anything will come from this, sadly.

2004 ZHP Sedan | Jet Black : Natural Brown : 6MT : OEM Navi : TRS Xenon retrofit : Khoalty Angel Eyes : Homelink retrofit : BMW Performance Intake|SSK : BC Coilovers : Z4M FCABs and RTABs : StopTech Cross-Drilled Rotors : Motorsport Hardware Stud Kit and 12mm Spacers : Kinesis K28

2004 B6 A4 Ultrasport Arctic White : Black : 1.8T : Quattro : 6MT

It looks like there is something else we can do that would make them look at the issue. It's call petitioning for an investigation. I found it on this page (do a a control F search for petition). Unfortunately they don't say HOW to submit the petition.

"Any person may submit a petition requesting NHTSA to open an investigation into an alleged safety defect. After conducting a technical analysis of such a petition, ODI informs the petitioner whether it has been granted or denied. If the petition is granted, a defect investigation is opened. If the petition is denied, the reasons for the denial are published in the Federal Register. Similarly, a person may submit a petition requesting NHTSA to hold a hearing on whether a manufacturer has reasonably met its obligation to notify and/or remedy a safety defect or noncompliance with a Federal motor vehicle safety standard. If the petition is granted, a hearing is held to assess the matter and decide what corrective action should be taken. If the petition is denied, the reasons for the denial are published in the Federal Register."

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by 04330i View Post
    Here is the link my guy sent me on the kit he used on my headlights:
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.Uyjdqym9LCQ
    Thinking about picking up a set of these unless someone has any better ideas for my burned out ZKW Bi-Xenons...

I still can't believe there's no recall for this...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

That's because no one has died yet....
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast