Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: homelink mirror

homelink mirror

I have an 05 'vert with the homelink/SOS mirror, and lately the autodim in the mirror is looking blotchy, like the glass is de-laminating. Searching around the forums it seems that it will cause problems with the radio if I replace it with a mirror without the SOS function, but I can't find one for sale at any price. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one?

thanks.

Major caution!

Iinm, that is a sign that the mirror is failing and may potentially leak its nasty, corrosive, liquid chemical contents all over your beautiful interior, ruining same.

I'd get it out of there ASAP.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Major caution!

Iinm, that is a sign that the mirror is failing and may potentially leak its nasty, corrosive, liquid chemical contents all over your beautiful interior, ruining same.

I'd get it out of there ASAP.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ASAP.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It's really amazing the amount of damage that the liquid does to interiors. Definitely look to swap it out immediately.

wow, thanks for the heads up guys.

Do a search for Sybesmas on some BMW forums. http://www.sybesmas.com/home.html

They repair the auto dim mirrors for a reasonable price but I seem to remember something about their service in regards to the Homelink mirrors. Not having any cores available for exchange or something along those lines. I would give them a call though.

Post 15 here mentions no Homelink mirrors...

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...light=sybesmas

But post 102 says they fixed his. Give them a call.

Barry