Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I agree. At that point it really becomes more of a refresh -- but understanding that you'd have to do it again and again.
    Right. And to the tune of at least a couple grand, I think I'll continue to bleed imola all over the NJ turnpike and deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Marc

Yep. I think that's a good idea, too.

Jason - I would give the BumperRX guy a shout to spray the bumper in damaged areas (like the bottom where it gets curbed). A ton of their work is geared towards lease returns and minor imperfections.

Side note - as far as repainting a red car - I rear ended someone with a red prelude. The front fender was replaced. The color matched exactly in the sun. As soon as the sun began to set, it was terribly obvious the car had paint work done.

The hood zit could easily be done by previous bird droppings that sat on the car. Wetsanding could help or minimize the look, but from there you may end up tearing off more Clear Coat since there are "holes" so the speak already in the zit. It just takes once to catch and you can increase the damage.

Getting rid of the swirls will require a PC. If you don't want to go that route, Glaze can help fill in most of the damages.

I prefer going Sealant then Wax. You achieve protection and depth+gloss. It's the expensive route, but then again it's me talking...lol.

If you have any specific questions go ahead and shoot. Trying to answer something very broad (such as swirl correction) can go down a long road. Knowing exactly what you want to achieve (aka perfect finish) and what you're willing to spend will help me answer your questions alittle easier.

Hopefully this helps somewhat and I'm not going on a mini-rant

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I'm also trying to get rid of/cover up my swirls some. They are pretty obvious in the light. Is there a product that can be used to help hide them? I saw liquid glass on the first page of this thread. Are there any other options?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    I'm also trying to get rid of/cover up my swirls some. They are pretty obvious in the light. Is there a product that can be used to help hide them? I saw liquid glass on the first page of this thread. Are there any other options?
    Glazes will be your best bet. They are ment to hide imperfections. It isn't perfect, but it certainly does a good job at improving the condition. I have Chemical Guys Ez-Creme Glaze and it does a decent result.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Thanks I'll look into it!

EDIT: After reading up on it, do I need to use a sealant on my car after using it? It says to use before a sealant.
    Last edited by HokieZHP; 07-02-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

The glazes will fill your swirls, then they will reappear in a couple of months. If you want to remove swirls, you need either an orbital buffer or a random orbital like the PC so many of us use. I've had decent luck minimizing swirls with a PC and the Menzerna line of polishes. Before that, I would fill swirls with 3M hand glaze.

I recommend the PC because it's relatively easy to use and doesn't come with the risk of harming your paint's clearcoat if not used properly.
    - Marc

OK, so until I pull the trigger on a PC polisher, I could use a glaze to cover the swirls. Got it. Now, what is the order here? Wash, dry, clay bar, wash, dry, glaze, wax? Any sealant, or does the glaze replace the sealant?

For the zit, Dr Color Chip won't work to cover/mask it?

I'm certainly not wanting to respray the entire car - not worth my time or cost. If I can improve the paint as-is, I'd be happy.

Jason | 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | 6 Speed Manual | Imola Red | Natural Brown | BBS Style 197s | Awesomeness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast