Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo or M3?

Turbo or M3?

well today i was thinking if i had 7grand in my pocket what would i do with it, buy a turbo for the zhp, or sell my zhp and put the money together and buy a e46 m3? lol
    i just want to see what people say about this and what your opinions are.
    (just a general question lol dont got the money yet) hahahaha

M3's are beautiful cars. Tons of horsepower, great suspension and badging all turn heads when you drive by. But if you turbo your ZHP you will essentially have everything the M3 has in a different package. (I would go supercharger over single turbo any day though. But that's just me).

Stick with your ZHP. Throwing a supercharger under the hood just makes it a sleeper. No one will expect it to be "That" fast.

I don't even want to imagine what I want to do with 7k. Supercharge would be your best bet IMO.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Supercharged ZHP is an amazing sleeper. M3's are nice and people know its quick. But a SC'd ZHP is definitely quicker.
    Jon Estrella - 997 Turbo

^yeah, Listen to Jon.....He knows..... Trust me.......
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Umm, engine work is supposed to accompany forced induction if you want your engine to last...........
    So that 7k is looking like an awfully small budget all of a sudden.
    \

If I had to make a choice, I would get the turbo. When it's not in boost, you still have a hope of getting decent gas mileage, where with the supercharger, you don't.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Forced induction for the win.... Debadge the ZHP and watch the jaws drop as ya spank people off the line

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Umm, engine work is supposed to accompany forced induction if you want your engine to last...........
    So that 7k is looking like an awfully small budget all of a sudden.
    \

If I had to make a choice, I would get the turbo. When it's not in boost, you still have a hope of getting decent gas mileage, where with the supercharger, you don't.
    Most kits run at 6-8PSI and are made to work with OEM engine blocks

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Most kits run at 6-8PSI and are made to work with OEM engine blocks

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast