Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Constant Airbag and Seatbelt Warning?

Hi guys,
    After a day of owning the car, I love it I have one concern however. The Seatbelt and Airbag warning lights won't turn off. According to the dealer it has not done that. A result of being shipped in cold weather and a drained battery or something else? What should I do?

Mmm.... Airbag light can only be turned off with the SRS reset tool.

Three causes are seat belt switch, tensioner, or passenger occupancy mat.

This dealer is reputable?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

This makes me wonder...

Who the hell has my tool? PM's, incoming.
    In the market for an E90 M3

I have the srs tool

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Mmm.... Airbag light can only be turned off with the SRS reset tool.

Three causes are seat belt switch, tensioner, or passenger occupancy mat.

This dealer is reputable?

http://exclusive-auto-imports.ebizau...-11254489.html I may tajke it up to European Motorsports or Baron to see if they can reset the SRS... I will have them look at the Seatbelt light too. Thanks!

Hopefully it can be reset. My experience is that something needs fixed unless the dealer had the seats out, or door cards off and didn't disconnect the battery (soft fault).

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hopefully it can be reset. My experience is that something needs fixed unless the dealer had the seats out, or door cards off and didn't disconnect the battery (soft fault).

+2. What seems odd is that he is getting both airbag and seatbelt lights on at once. When I have had a tensioner "fail" in the past, it was only the SRS airbag light that came on.

Nick, did you check the connections under the driver's seat where they plug into the harness near the carpet to be sure that they are secure? If anyone was riding in the back seat and bumped the plugs with their feet or during the seat being tilted and moved forward for coupe rear seat access, I am wondering if that is causing you the lights? Perhaps a detailer removed the seats for interior cleaning before you received the car, and after several starts (with plugs loose or unplugged) and a change in the wire resistance, the lights for both are now on. Just a hypothesis given my trouble with a chafed harness in my E36 seatbelt wiring under the seat, but this should be simple to check. Sadly, airbag light needs to be reset by a tool, even if this does in fact turn out to be the problem. Hope this helps. Let us know what you find.

-Brettski

:/ let's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    +2. What seems odd is that he is getting both airbag and seatbelt lights on at once. When I have had a tensioner "fail" in the past, it was only the SRS airbag light that came on.

Nick, did you check the connections under the driver's seat where they plug into the harness near the carpet to be sure that they are secure? If anyone was riding in the back seat and bumped the plugs with their feet or during the seat being tilted and moved forward for coupe rear seat access, I am wondering if that is causing you the lights? Perhaps a detailer removed the seats for interior cleaning before you received the car, and after several starts (with plugs loose or unplugged) and a change in the wire resistance, the lights for both are now on. Just a hypothesis given my trouble with a chafed harness in my E36 seatbelt wiring under the seat, but this should be simple to check. Sadly, airbag light needs to be reset by a tool, even if this does in fact turn out to be the problem. Hope this helps. Let us know what you find.
    Just saw this, I am actually out to go take a look at it now. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast