Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Vanos didn't solve it?

I rebuilt my vanos with the Beisan kit including the rattle kit and my significant 2500-3000 stumble has not gone away. Are there any other issues that closely mimic the vanos symptoms? The vanos seals were definitely worn when I replaced them.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

You went through the 200 city mile break in period, correct?

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

So far it's been 500 miles with no improvement.

Has your ZHP received the shipped-off-to-New-Jersey DME update/reprogram? I think that's usually for a "power dip" around 3.8—4 k, but perhaps?

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Did you verify that the Vanos pistons moved inside of the cylinder as they are supposed to before you buttoned her back up?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

You probably need the software updated to the latest version. This can be done at any dealer or good indy. This is different than the one Crickett mentions that requires the DME to be sent to Jersey. I had the same issue, a miss under acceleration in the higher gears....rebuilt the vanos first and it made no difference. Had the s/w updated and it is completely gone.

This is assuming you've already changed spark plugs, fuel and air filters.

Could a bad DISA valve be the culprit?
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Could a bad DISA valve be the culprit?
    Switch over is at higher RPMs, so I would think not, but someone might have a better take on it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I definitely felt an increase in performance after replacing the vanos seals, but I still have the stumble. Plugs and all filters have been changed. How much is an update going to cost me? Everything looked good when i put the vanos back together, but I suppose anything is possible. I'll get an update at a dealership and if that doesn't solve it I'll tear the vanos back down...

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    I definitely felt an increase in performance after replacing the vanos seals, but I still have the stumble. Plugs and all filters have been changed. How much is an update going to cost me? Everything looked good when i put the vanos back together, but I suppose anything is possible. I'll get an update at a dealership and if that doesn't solve it I'll tear the vanos back down...
    A DME update should only cost you an hour or two of shop time; they just plug it into the GT1 & run the update (I believe).

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast