Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    In the sticks in Parker County Texas (WNW of Ft. Worth)
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerRules! View Post
    NOTE - CAR IS LISTED ON CARS.COM not autotrader.com

Confirmed with Rusty, who btw seems a really nice person. He said he'll try to edit his post.
    Well thanks sir, both for letting me know of the mistake in my earlier post, as well as exaggerating what kind of person I am.

Was good talking to you and best of luck in your search. I dunno what color that other ZHP is you've found, but keep in mind that I'm told Imola looks really really nice in areas that actually see fall colors! lol

Take care and thanks again,
    Rusty

You are welcome Rusty. Anything for a zhp member.

Forgot to check: does the car have cold weather package (heated seats etc)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    Prospective West Coast buyers:

You buy this ZHP and for a small fee + gas, I'll drive it to San Diego in early August, where we can offer it up as the subject car for the detailing clinic Marcus has organized. You come on down to SD the next day and take delivery of what will undoubtedly look like a show car at that point.

Meantime, we get the cooling system replaced and deal with any other little things this car may need.

If anyone out there is interested, PM me and we can work it out. I'm in Dallas, about 60-70 miles from this ZHP's current location.
    I'm a fan of this idea and sincerely hope someone takes advantage of it.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerRules! View Post
    Forgot to check: does the car have cold weather package (heated seats etc)? Thanks.
    I'm not sure heated seats are even an option on Texas cars! lol

No, sorry. No heated seats. But if you'd like for me to leave it outside the garage before I ship it just let me know. The seats and the steering wheel should still feel more than just a little toasty by the time it arrives.

Rusty

I'd have no problem using this ZHP as the donor car for the detailing clinic on August 6. Would make it a pretty cool sale, actually.

And, BR, if you happen to buy this car, you'll attend the detailing clinic and you can do most of the actual detailing work on the car. I'm sure we can arrange that.

All this Detailing Clinic talk got me to thinking. About a year ago, I bought a Porter-Cable 7424 Orbital Buffer/Polisher (and a few extra pads) that has never been used. The box has been opened, but that was just to verify I was sent everything. I'm not even sure I've ever plugged the puppy in. So basically, it's brand spankin new. So what I've decided to do is sweeten the offer a little on the car and toss in the PC for anyone here that might be really close to wanting to make a deal. And I'm thinking that after your Detailing Clinic, you'll find this little monster will be your new bestest friend.

Re my car, I'm happy to report that I've had about 6 contacts in the last 3-4 days. So I'm starting to feel much more optimistic that it's going to find a good home, hopefully in the not too distant future. But since it's still going to take something just this side of a Texas tornado to get me to move too much on my asking price (especially since I've found a beautiful, low mileage, local E36/7 M Coupe that I think I can affod w/o selling the ZHP!), I thought wth, throw in the PC and see what happens. (side note: it's an extremely weird feeling not caring all that much if I sell the car or not. I guess that's a sign that the car really is pretty special and a reminder that I've already gotta a helluva nice ride, so I don't lose regardless how this story ends!)

Re my asking price on the car itself, I think it's very well in line with what other sales are showing, particularly when my car seems to have less miles than most I see. And even though it's only an emotional thing and not something that's easily proven, but I also know how much care I've taken of this car and in my head that equates to a certain monetary value. But I also hope that any potential buyers that are on the fence remember you get not only the OE lenses (why you'd ever want to put ambers back on is beyond me...but I digress) , but you also get the OE wheels. So you could easily resell one set of wheels and recoup some of your investment. Even used ZHP wheels ain't cheap. And back on the Roadfly board I was offered $600 for the ASA's, and that was before I put on the new set of Michelin's.

There appears to be about a thousand links related to the Porter-Cable, but here is one that seems to provide a lot of information (with pics too!) in a fairly concise manner:

http://guidetodetailing.com/detailin...tion-polisher/

Even if you don't buy my car, if you're a detail nut you need to look into the PC. I've seen many people on Roadfly, Bimmerforums, etc opinion it's the best there is.

All my best. Hope you guys are having/had a good weekend.
    (and you're spot on Marcus.........there's something special about Imola)
    Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyh View Post
    I'm not sure heated seats are even an option on Texas cars! lol

No, sorry. No heated seats. But if you'd like for me to leave it outside the garage before I ship it just let me know. The seats and the steering wheel should still feel more than just a little toasty by the time it arrives.

Rusty
    I am sure the leather seats would be so cool after 10 mts under the Texas sun. Thanks Rusty, but hate to pass on this great deal primarily because it doesn't have cold weather package. Aging spoilt bums like me have now got hooked to these wonderful warm seat and steering when the temp here in the north-east goes below freezing. I have them in my 530 and realize that I would rather prefer heated seats, especially if the seats are leather.

So, glws! You made the deal more attractive by throwing in those add-ons and I sure hope you get it sold soon.

Good luck with everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I'd have no problem using this ZHP as the donor car for the detailing clinic on August 6. Would make it a pretty cool sale, actually.

And, BR, if you happen to buy this car, you'll attend the detailing clinic and you can do most of the actual detailing work on the car. I'm sure we can arrange that.
    Thanks Marcus. I will certainly do this if I buy a west coast car by Aug 3.

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    Meantime, we get the cooling system replaced and deal with any other little things this car may need.
    Why would the cooling system need to be replaced? Is this a dumb question?

Either there is an issue...or it is very preemptive, based ok mileage. I did not see a specific issue listed...as a matter of fact...initial post says car is mechanically perfect.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Why would the cooling system need to be replaced? Is this a dumb question?
    The cooling system is one of the weakest systems on the cars due to the fact most of it is made from plastic. The waterpump, thermostat housing and water pump and reservoir are made from plastic and get brittle over time. The hoses deteriorate, too. The WORSE thing you can do to these engines is over heat them due to the metals they are made with and the length of the block being a straight 6. Replacing the cooling system is a wise precautionary measure and most of us consider it part of a basic maintenance plan.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast