Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Attack of the swirls

So I noticed today that the PO or someone tried to buff this car and now there are swirl marks ALL OVER the car. Is there any way to get rid of these or hide them?

Thanks
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Paint correction. Check the detailing forum.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Get rid with cut polish and porter cable random orbital polisher. Get orange cut pads for the cut polish and softer (white, blue) pads for the subsequent polishes.

If your swirls are bad:
    - wash, clay, wash
    - cut polish
    - medium cut polish
    - finishing polish
    - top with sealant or wax

To do a full paint correction by yourself, plan for a 2 day affair. When I do my "full" details, it takes me 7-9 hours, and I have one less step than above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Marc

Blue LLC Pads are for waxes and sealants. I think the correct color there would be (white, black)

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Do not underestimate the use of proper pads. Make sure you get the right pad for the right purpose. Use the right compound/polish/finishing product too.

Remember to take your time and take your car out into the sunlight to double check to make sure you get all of the haze/swirls out from before. Take your time and don't rush from one step to the next. Enlist the help of a friend to wipe off the polish as you continue polishing the rest of the car. It will make the process go much faster. Don't forget to tape any black trim bits etc.

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Do not underestimate the use of proper pads. Make sure you get the right pad for the right purpose. Use the right compound/polish/finishing product too.

Remember to take your time and take your car out into the sunlight to double check to make sure you get all of the haze/swirls out from before. Take your time and don't rush from one step to the next. Enlist the help of a friend to wipe off the polish as you continue polishing the rest of the car. It will make the process go much faster. Don't forget to tape any black trim bits etc.

Johnny
    Since I don't know a lot about detailing products and assuming the process posted above is correct, what products would you recommend using to do this?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

The Mezerna product line is what M0nk3y started me on.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim