Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Optimum No Rinse

I just wanted to let you guys in on an awesome product.

It's called ONR, or Optimum No Rinse. It's a product that you add to a 2-gallon bucket of water for washing the car, and does not require a hose to rinse off the car. You can dump your sponge or wash mitt into this bucket of water with ONR solution and start washing the car dry. I kid you not, it does not scratch the paint whatsoever.

My friend has been using it since he leased his 335i in '07. He just returned it, and there aren't any scratches caused by washing the car. It was Montego Blue, so you would have seen it if there were fine scratches.

There's something in the formula that loosens dirt on contact, and the more you use it the easier it becomes, sort of like something used to prolong the life of the wax on your car. To make sure you do the job right, dry the car with microfiber cloths/towels and you'll be golden.

With this stuff, you can wash your car anywhere. I love it because getting to my hose is a pain in the butt and is a very messy business. You can even use this in the comfort of your heated garage.

I highly recommend this product!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Wow...doesn't leave any swirls in the wax? I am intrigued. Thanks for the review...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Agree. Very interested. Gonna do a little homework.

Hmm gonna look at this. Interesting

There are plenty of YouTube videos demonstrating how well it works. You can even use this stuff (in different concentrations of course) as a spray detailer or clay bar lube, or to clean wheels, etc. It is environmentally friendly as far as I know, so you could dump the water anywhere when you're done.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    There are plenty of YouTube videos demonstrating how well it works. You can even use this stuff (in different concentrations of course) as a spray detailer or clay bar lube, or to clean wheels, etc. It is environmentally friendly as far as I know, so you could dump the water anywhere when you're done.
    Can you get it at your local Advanced Auto or Auto Zone or is it more something from Autogeek etc??

If not, maybe Amazon might carry it.

As far as I know, you'd have to order it. I got mine on eBay, but many places online have it. It comes in different sizes; I got the 64 oz. one for between $14-17 (I don't remember the exact amount).
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

This is the word I just got from my detailing mentor...

"ONR is a really good product. I never use it because I have a heated garage and a drain, so I can just use regular wash.

If your short on water though, or winter. It's a fantastic product. You just gotta make sure you pre-soak salt spots prior to rinse"

Trust this....
    Last edited by danewilson77; 12-29-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Absolutely. That's high praise coming from a "detailing mentor".
    Unfortunately not all of us have a heated garage (or a garage at all for that matter), though I'm noting the part where you said salt spots have to be "pre soaked" before rinse... the whole point is that it doesn't require a rinse. What exactly does he mean? Just go over it a couple of times, perhaps?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast