Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I will ask him in the morning.....good point bro.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

There are comparable products too, check out the equivalent product on Griot's Garage. IDK if it works as well as NR, but I have heard good things about it, too. I am also going to get ONR in the future, or the Griot's product. I've known about ONR for over 2 yrs, never got a chance to try it out...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Absolutely. That's high praise coming from a "detailing mentor".
    Unfortunately not all of us have a heated garage (or a garage at all for that matter), though I'm noting the part where you said salt spots have to be "pre soaked" before rinse... the whole point is that it doesn't require a rinse. What exactly does he mean? Just go over it a couple of times, perhaps?
    I have asked the above question.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Answer to above.......

QUESTION
    "Unfortunately not all of us have a heated garage (or a garage at all for that matter), though I'm noting the part where you said salt spots have to be "pre soaked" before rinse... the whole point is that it doesn't require a rinse. What exactly does he mean? Just go over it a couple of times, perhaps?"

ANSWER
    "lol, detaling mentor.

I mean when you use ONR, it's best to take your diluted formula (usually 1oz per gallon or 2) and apply it early before you actually wipe it down (You can do this with a towel or whatever); just something so you can transfer the liquid over to those spots w/out actually scrubbing at it.

Salt has a tendency to bond to paint, extremely hard. If you just go straight to it, and scrub it off, chances are you will scratch your paint. But if you have the time, take your diluted formula, and along the sides and rear bumper/front...etc, and spot where you have excess build-up, just dab some on there prior to going at it. At least it will help break it up alittle before you tackle that area.

I hope as well you practice 2 bucket method as well....Because the dirt picked up by a mitt can be easily transferred back ontop the paint.

- Hope this helps, let me know if you anything else to ask

-Kyle"

I've always found the two-bucket method a little bit of a faff for one main reason. When you "wash" off the crap off the mitt in the "dirty" bucket, stuff will still stick to it, so when you go to dump it in the "clean" bucket, it will contaminate it and you'll end up with crap on your paint anyway. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for asking him, BTW, I understand what he meant now.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I've always found the two-bucket method a little bit of a faff for one main reason. When you "wash" off the crap off the mitt in the "dirty" bucket, stuff will still stick to it, so when you go to dump it in the "clean" bucket, it will contaminate it and you'll end up with crap on your paint anyway. Is there something I'm missing?

There is a product called the grit guard which you put in one of the buckets to remove contaminants, it works quite well.
    - Derek

This is the detailing mentor. Figured I'd just come over here and answer questions

There is a Grit Guard that you put into your clean bucket:

You stick your mitt into the clean bucket, and scrub...It will loosen the dirt from the mitt, and since dirt is heavier than water, it sinks under the grit guard, to the bottom.

In addition, as an extra pre-caution...I have a grit guard in the soap bucket as well.

-Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    This is the detailing mentor. Figured I'd just come over here and answer questions

There is a Grit Guard that you put into your clean bucket:

You stick your mitt into the clean bucket, and scrub...It will loosen the dirt from the mitt, and since dirt is heavier than water, it sinks under the grit guard, to the bottom.

In addition, as an extra pre-caution...I have a grit guard in the soap bucket as well.

-Kyle
    I also use grit guards in each of my buckets. I make sure to agitate the mitt when I rinse and wash.

Sweet. I just have to make sure that guard actually fits in the bucket..........
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Sweet. I just have to make sure that guard actually fits in the bucket..........
    Botond, I bought 5-gallon buckets from Home Depot and the grit guards fit perfectly at the bottom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast