Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

ITT, ZHP Mafioso Learn Everything There is to Know About Coilover Suspension Set-ups

I searched, didn't see a thread solely focused on Coilovers. Mods, please sticky when you feel this has become a valuable resource.

What I'm looking for in this thread:

If you have a Coilover Suspension:

• Product Name // Place of Purchase // Cost // Options (Spring Rates, Dampening, Valve Adjustable, etc.)
    • [Pictures of Product] [/Pictures of Product]
    • Honest Review of Product
    • [Pictures Installed on BMW] [/Pictures Installed on BMW]

If you are looking to buy a Coilover Suspension:

• Please provide info regarding what you want in a setup. Please be clear, we are not mind readers.
    • Please list your price range. Granted you get what you pay for, and a ZHP is nothing to put deck level products on, but you don't have to spend a small fortune on a Suspension System to achieve the goal.
    • In turn - we will provide some helpful information and recommendations.

I'll begin with a product tho, as I'm still a n00b to suspensions.

A forum vendor on BF.C is offering a GB (Intro Sale Thread, Group Buy Round 2) on an American-made, in-house repaired company, called ISC Suspension North America. Do any forum members have insight regarding the construction, settings and spring rates?

I hope this is a successful resource for current and future members!

Thanks
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

1. DDMTuning coilovers. $750. WWW.ddmtuning.com

Horrible. Discontinued. 3 months of use is what you see below. Full refund was granted.

2. FK Silverline coilovers. $900. WWW.ecstuning.com

Excellent lowering capabilities. Excellent ride comfort. Car totaled. 1 year of usage.

3. FK Silverline X adjustable coilovers. $1100. WWW.ecstuning.com

Same review as 2 above.

4. KW V1. $confidential. WWW.modbargains.com

Review forth coming.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Great thread idea, Horney.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Pics added.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Bump for Eli and Six2Midnight.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

I believe Eli is on V2's.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

•KW V2 // ModBargains // $1430 shipped (mind you this was over two years ago) // zee KW V2 haz nein opshunz!

• They are awesome
    •[Pictures Installed on BMW] [/Pictures Installed on BMW]

Bilstein PSS10/ Euroautospot SD/ $1650

Straightforward install
    Easy to adjust damping with the large knobs
    Added the winzer tek wax from Turner on threads to prevent corrosion(not that I ever drive in salt in San Diego)
    Ride is awesome, like stock just more controlled. Set on 6 all the way around on the street.

BUMP!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

I'm liking this thread so far. I hope to be able to contribute soon with my zhp. FWIW - I can say that on my M I had the ST coilover system. $975.00 shipped to my door (group buy). They're basically like KW v1's minus the lifetime warranty (5 years) and the stainless steel housings. I can say the ride was a great mix between stiff and comfortable. The car always felt poised and turn-in was fantastic. I believe spring rates in the front are 400lb and the rears are progressive. The kit came with sway bar endlinks and believe it or not they are still holding up well. Finally, with the fully threaded shock body, you'll be able to drop your car ALOT, if needed. Height adjusters on the rear were pretty easy compared to my old H&Rs. Very much considering purchasing these again for my zhp.

Pic:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast