Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My car is a daily driver, but I want it to perform well for one or two track weekends a year. I think the idea of 400+ lb springs is about right for me. I hope to get something under $1500 that can live thru MN winters. I don't want to have to lower the car too much for winter either.

Quote Originally Posted by ganseg View Post
    My car is a daily driver, but I want it to perform well for one or two track weekends a year. I think the idea of 400+ lb springs is about right for me. I hope to get something under $1500 that can live thru MN winters. I don't want to have to lower the car too much for winter either.
    What is your question sir?

Go with Bilstein PSS9/10's, KW V1/2's, FK Silverline, or Tien SS (with or without pillow ball mounts).
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

So you're the one that bought the low mileage ZHP? Welcome. Be sure to do an intro thread with some pics of the car.

I chose the KW V2's based on the stainless steel bodies, manufacturer's warranty and reputation. Very happy with these after Orr did a corner balance on my car.

Which of those have the stiffest springs (and dampening to handle the springs)?

V1's have inox ss bodies as well...just as a heads up.

Spring rate info is tough.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Additionally....V1, V2, V3 all have same spring rate.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Which of those have the stiffest springs (and dampening to handle the springs)?
    http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_p...nPage=coilover

Though I hear the track guys like the AST's better.

INFO:
    Function Form F2 Type 2 (http://www.f2autolife.com/) // Weksos Industries (http://www.weaksauceparts.com/) // $1100 // 32 levels damping adjustment, adjustable endlinks, adjustable strut-body (move the physical strut up and down without changing the spring compression)

PRODUCT:

REVIEW:
    Honestly, I love em. I am dropped about as much as possible right now and it rides like stock. Love it!!! I have personally gone through way too many different sets of suspension (stock zhp, Vogtland Springs, H&R, JIC Competition Cross (made for M3's), M3 stock suspension, F2). I am finally very happy with this decision to go with a relatively (in the BMW world at least) unknown manufacturer. I was down to VT Coils (K&W manufacturer) and these. I opted for these based on the ability to raise and lower the strut within the strut body. This is done by threading the center of the strut into the body. This is so as not to affect strut piston length and spring compression thereby keeping the ride quality identical to stock while having a very lowered car.

PICS:
    (Pre-rear end fix. Now level all the way around)

Fronts on F2 Type 2's:

Rears on F2 Type 2's:

Vogtland Springs:

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_p...nPage=coilover

Though I hear the track guys like the AST's better.
    I have the AST's and love them. I just use hypercoil springs so you can swap whatever rates you want in and out. Lots of guys carry the springs and they aren't all that expensive to get a new set to play around with rates. The shocks, however, aren't cheap.

Looks great! Perfection Armijo!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast