Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    lol, Hi Gary... The guys around here are much more interested in looks... check the track section of bimmerforums or e46fanatics for more appropriate advice...

I'd say you're painting with an awfully broad brush there Matt. Several members here track their cars on a regular basis. Many others want the look of a lowered car but also want a handling upgrade. Some of us wish we could track our cars but can't afford the time or money to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    lol, Hi Gary... The guys around here are much more interested in looks... check the track section of bimmerforums or e46fanatics for more appropriate advice...
    Decent suggestion. We're all about pointing people to the places where they can find the information they need.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    I'd say you're painting with an awfully broad brush there Matt. Several members here track their cars on a regular basis. Many others want the look of a lowered car but also want a handling upgrade. Some of us wish we could track our cars but can't afford the time or money to do so.
    Well put Eli.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Just a FYI....I went with the KW V1's because I WILL track my car a couple of times per year. I am low, but not "slammed"......enjoy!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

Stickied.....good info being built up in here.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Update on my PSS10s: Love them so far with about 6-7000 miles. Mostly street duty so I was not sure if anybody has talked about this on this forum yet but I've been playing around with my settings for the street trying to find the most comfortable setting for my PSS10s. I tried setting them at 5 all the way around and it was a little too bouncy and then I set the front at 6 and the rear at 5 and the rear felt too soft and felt a little loose on mildly aggressive onramp action. I went back to 6 all the way around and it feels just right so I think I made the right choice on settings for the street. I'm hoping to do the autocross in SD on the 4th and will play with them more then. What are others running on the street? I know this isnt the autocross/track section but if you have any input on street vs. autocross. vs road course please chime in. (If we should start a thread like this in that area let me know moderators)

Has anyone used the H&R Cup Kit with sport springs? I'm looking at buying this set, but don't really want to lower my car much at all. Would be happy to buy a ZHP refresh kit if I could find it, but I haven't as of yet. Also, if I DID get the refresh kit, it doesn't come with springs, so. Also, anyone have a suggestion for a good suspension shop in SoCal. I'm in Ventura. Thanks!

06 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, silver cube, alcantara
    04 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, black cube, leather

Purchased BC BR Coilovers through JG Technik in Branford CT.
    $900 purchase price, $1250 installed.
    I would say, they are much more tame than PSS9's from personal experience (my brother had them on his GTI and it felt like you were being thrown out of the car when you hit a bump).
    Fully adjustable camber, ride height, and 20 way shock stiffness with the turn of a nob on top of each shock tower. I must say this feature alone is worth it because when I drive by myself I set it to the stiffest setting and love the handling. When the wife is in the car I set it to 10 (half stiffness) and my wife doesnt realize a difference vs oem shocks.
    One thing I did notice, the perches that sit in between the camber plate and shocks are a rugged plastic. In the winter when temps get at or below freezing, this plastic shrinks and sounds like the front shocks are loose. It turns out BC ships out metal perches to fix this issue if it persists. Once spring hit the problem went away. Overall I would say these coilovers are 8/10. But for the money 10/10.

2007 Interlagos Blue BMW M5 SMG
    Eibach Springs, 12mm Spacers, Dinan Exhaust, Res Delete, Stage 3 AEM CAI, Eurocharged Tune, 35% tints.

I have the H and R Race kit on my car. I have had this set up for over 1 year and around 10k on it. It has been great for me so far. I couldn't be more happy with this set up. The ride is really comfortable and of course slammed. I wanted a lowered car, to tell you the truth, really didnt care much about adjusting height.

It is not bad as a daily driver or some spirited driving every now and then. I dont track my car which for the price is great for me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast