Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Well if you already have a setup, go with that. Why can't you get it off?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    The 16mm front endlink bolts require a tool that I didn't have last March when I went to install it. You need a very thin open end to hold the body nut from spinning in place.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    The 16mm front endlink bolts require a tool that I didn't have last March when I went to install it. You need a very thin open end to hold the body nut from spinning in place.

Sent from my GS3.
    you should be able to shave down a cheap open-end wrench for this purpose. i've done it in the past for similar endlinks on my A4.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_One View Post
    Did Vas (or anyone else) ever try the Fortune Auto setup? Now that brakes are about to be done, suspension is next...
    Bump

Went with PSS's right, Vas? I know we discussed it the other day, but why the switch?

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Bump

Went with PSS's right, Vas? I know we discussed it the other day, but why the switch?
    I went with Biltstein PSS for the wife's zhp. Still have my mind set on the Fortune Auto coilovers for my car when the time will come.

Was going to do a lowering spring/new shocks but in the end the price came out to be on-par with the PSS system.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Has anyone upgraded their coilover springs to swift springs? Noticeable difference? Worth the price of admission?
    2004 330i ZHP Imola/Alcantara 6MT

I just completed a comprehensive suspension refresh including the a set of AST 2000 "coilovers". It's been about a week since the install and I'm now starting to have buyers remorse. The front coilovers are now making creaking noises and it's pissing me off royaly! They were installed correctly and all the fittiings were torqued to factory specs so there's absolutely no excuse for this. As far as the ride is concerned, it's pretty darn good for street use, but I've noticed it can get a bit choppy when driving on concrete streets with expansion joints. I'm going to contact AST on Monday and let them know I'm not at all happy and will most likely return them. I paid about $1,300 for them and now realize you absolutely do get what you pay for. Whether they issue me a refund or not, I'll most likely replace them with a set of "real" coilovers for all 4 corners. Most purported "coilover kits" out there only provide true coilovers for the front and plain shocks and springs for the rear. I'd love to go with a set of JRZ coilovers, but at $4,400 a set, that's a little ridiculous for a car that only worth a little over twice that, so I'll most likely go with a set of TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers that retail between $2,200 and $2,800 depending on how you outfit them. With hindsight being what it is, I highly recommend never buying coilovers that cannot be adjusted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567