Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

For Sale: OEM BMW E46 iPod Kit

I had this OEM iPod kit installed in my vehicle when I bought it. I later installed a Dension Gateway 300, so I no longer need this installed.

For sale is everything you need to make this work in your car; iPod unit, iPod cable, wiring harness, and a rubber protective sleeve for the iPod unit.

The harness has three wires cut, but they were cut with plenty of lenth left for you to splice in new wiring. These wires had to be cut so I could install the Dension unit.

$25. Will charge actual cost for shipping.

Last edited by az3579; 01-12-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Installed pics?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Installed pics?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

I never paid it any attention really until I installed the Dension, so no install pics.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Ok

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I would be interested. Do the cut wires affect the iPod interface at all?

Also, does this provide power to the iPod? Does it run thru the Aux input? What kind of functionality does it have? Steering wheel controls? Title/track/playlist on the nav?

Thanks!

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    I would be interested. Do the cut wires affect the iPod interface at all?

Also, does this provide power to the iPod? Does it run thru the Aux input? What kind of functionality does it have? Steering wheel controls? Title/track/playlist on the nav?

Thanks!

Johnny
    I do not know if the cut wires would affect the interface, though I would assume that all the wires are needed for full functionality. It does provide power to the iPod from what I observed the one time I used it. The iPod cable plugs directly into the iPod and provides playback and charging capability for my iPod. I don't remember if I had to use my adapter to have charging capability (some older head units did not support charging the newer iPods/iPhones because something was slightly different in the circuitry, and required a small adapter to be hooked up to the cable to charge), so this I cannot give you a firm answer on. I do know it charges iPods, I'm not sure if it charges ALL iPods of the newer generation.

This kit offers strictly playlist capability only. You will have to go into iTunes and set up playlists to be able to play music with this kit, so it does not have song search, or importantly, album search. Many people only use playlists anyway, so this would be ideal for them. Steering wheel controls work properly, though as I don't have Nav, I do not know if it will work with it. I don't know what kind of connections you have on the back of your unit.

I would recommend doing some research on it before purchasing if interested. Personally I couldn't be bothered with the unit because once I found out that it doesn't do album searching (which is the ONLY thing I browse by), then I decided to get the Dension.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Bump
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

would it work on my 2001 325i with the business cd player?
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot434 View Post
    would it work on my 2001 325i with the business cd player?

To help az out here,

It works on my 2002 325i with the business CD player. Should be plug and play for you.

It didn't charge my iPhone 4 or my 30gb iPod (not sure which gen).

What az said about the playlists is true, but I have found a way around only being able to play what is on the playlist. If you have a jailbroken iPhone/Pod, theres an app you can download that sort of tricks the interface, which will let you play any song that's on the device, but not via the steering wheel controls. You have to choose the song via the device, if that makes sense. You don't lose any of the stock functionality either.

Ok that sounds good I'm def interested in this. Do you have any instruction on how to install the device? and what would the total be with shipping to Peru, IN?
    USPS would probably be the cheapest but how much would UPS or FedEx be?
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast