Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Issues installing angel eyes

Issue one - I dropped a socket adapter into the engine bay and it fell all the way to the bottom and I have no idea in hell how to retrieve it. I'm afraid it's going to clank around while I drive. What do I do?

Issue two - Do I need to disconnect the battery? Where is the negative terminal? I only see the positive terminal in the engine bay

Issue three - How do I get the wires from the angel eyes themselves through to the rubber grommet? All the install videos I see are with the pre-facelift headlights and there seems to be a sufficient gap on top of the projectors so as to allow you to slip the wires through there. On my facelift headlights, there is no gap whatsoever that will allow me to slip the wires to the back.

Issue four - do I need to remove the headlight assembly from the car? That seems to be the only way I can get the wires into the back somehow and that's what I'm doing so far, but there are a lot of wires.

Issue five - is there a DIY somewhere for facelift sedans?! how is virtually every single video for pre-facelift sedans and M3s?!

I'm so frustrated already with the dropped socket adapter that I just want to get this installed professionally!

Issue one - What do you mean the socket adapter, and I'm sure it'll be fine, It'll find its way out or settle somewhere.

Issue two -
    Trunk compartment right side, turn plastic screws quarter way and prop it open / remove.

Issue three -
    You just push / slide it back and slip the wires through the hole, easiest way i can say is use a screw driver to push the area / hold between the xenons if you're facing them to see what you need to push.

Issue four -
    No you can install it with them still on there, many diy, good is your best friend.

Issue five -
    Google, I'll find it if you can't find it once I'm back at home.

Patience my friend

found it on my iphone, i have a 04 sedan and this exact guide got me through it, feel free to pm me if you need me to fill in any gaps.

http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes_orionv2.html

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post
    I'm so frustrated already with the dropped socket adapter that I just want to get this installed professionally!
    I feel your pain. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...all-gone-wrong

I eventually had it wired by a "pro" (big mistake). He screwed it up by wiring it to the parking lights. My angle eyes now flash when my right turn signal is on. Have not had the time to fix it.

One of the big adaptors that attaches to the wrench.

I'm still frustrated on how to get the wires through the housing. The gap above the projects is just too narrow to fit the wires' clips. Did you simply force the gap wider by leveraging a screwdriver or something? I don't want the projectors to crack..

I was looking forward to installing these AEs because everyone says it's one of the easiest DIY's out there, and it truly does look simple when you watch videos and what not.. FOR PRE-FACELIFT HEADLIGHTS AT LEAST.

With the sun sweltering on my back and sweat gushing at the rate of an open fire hydrant, things are getting VERY frustrating VERY quickly.

Once I get back to my car I'll take some pictures for you unless if someone beats me to it. (hopefully)

The socket is near impossible to get imho, or rather I have no idea how to do it. Just hope it rolls out onto the driveway one day.

Issue 1: For the socket you lost, you can just take the bottom undertray off and it will fall right out.

Issue 2: The battery is in the rear of the car, on the right side in the trunk under a black plastic cover.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I used this DIY and my car is facelifted.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

issue one: check in your underbody service cover/panel.
    issue two: I would disconnect the terminals as a preventative measure. There is a negative terminal located below the positive one. It is on the panel closer to the front of the car.
    issue three: I used a guide wire and taped the ends of the connectors to it and fed it on top of the rubber grommet.
    issue four: you do not need to remove the headlight assembly from the car.
    issue five: It's pretty much the same installation as the m3.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast