Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Detailing Clinic, San Diego -- Event I. August 6, 2011

I have a friend, James Eberhardt, who is willing to teach a group of us how to detail our cars.

James has won the San Diego BMW CCA clean car contest five different times (three straight times in the clean car category; once in the super clean category; and he won the master's category once). He's no longer allowed to enter the contest. In other words, they're sick of him winning all the time. He's now a judge only.

Here's the deal: he is willing to give me the hook up if I can get 5 people together for the class. He will only charge $20 per person (it's normally double that). That's a fricken steal. The class should last about four hours. (This hookup should remind you of the deal I worked out with Casey, when he was offering ZHP Mafia a sweetheart deal for pictures.)

The clinic will be very hands on. He will not detail our cars at the clinic. Instead, he will have us work on a car (one of our own) and he will give instruction throughout. He says it's that old proverb: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Given how many Mafia people we have in Southern California, I imagine we will not have a difficult time filling this class.

We need a minimum of five people -- up to a maximum of ten people.

The clinic is Saturday, August 6, 2011, at 10 AM. It is in San Diego. James will hold the clinic at his house.

This clinic is open to anyone. Orange County/LA County guys can come down here, too.

1. Marcus (Marcus-SanDiego)
    2. Nelson (pleasecorrupt)
    3. Gary (GSEN820)
    4. James (ZSP-Mafia)
    5. Lee (variate)
    6. Albert (tripod06)
    Last edited by Marcus-SanDiego; 07-25-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: edited for new information

sign me up, programming or not I'll be there. i have missed out on too much already

1. Marcus (Marcus-SanDiego)
    2. Nelson (pleasecorrupt)
    3. Gary (GSEN820)

All right, Nelson. You are in.

By the way, this is open to everyone. If you live in Southern California and want to participate, please do.

Sign me up Marcus

Gary, you are in.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I can do this, but not 100% yet. Do we need to provide our own detailing supplies / tools? Should our cars be clean before showing up?

EDIT: upon rereading the first post, it sounds like we're getting a single volunteer car for the ten of us to work on simultaneously... is that right?

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

No detailing supplies needed.

It's not necessary to come with a clean car. But I do not believe that everyone will be getting their car detailed that day. Instead, there will be a single donor car that gets all of the attention, so that the instructor can focus on one job.

Awesome deal Marcus! Would definately do this if I was on the left coast.

But it'll all be good - the "right" coast will be at Bimmerfest East.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Definitely a good deal. I'm hoping the west coast guys will take advantage of my resources. I'm always networking on the left coast.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast