Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 126 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    If either no or minimal maintenance has been done on this car, I would really steer clear.

Maintenance is key to the longevity of these cars.

Most likely it has the original fluids in the trans, differential, coolant system, and power steering. If that's the case, it could potentially mean problems in those components as you get up into higher mileage. Get a hold of Mike Miller's OSMS as Marcus said, and you'll see what I mean.

As far as a PPI, BIMRS.org lists this shop as a local indy for Baltimore
    http://www.blueridgesportscars.com/.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks for advice and info Marcus and kayger. According to the seller's ad, the car is "well maintained." Then, I started pushing about maintenance. I found out it was all done at a BMW dealer. I don't think they know what was or wasn't done to the car and just did what the dealer recommended. I would assume 30k and 60k maintenances were done there, but a lot can happen in another 30k. So, I will definitely be getting a PPI and trying to get records from dealer. Seller has already indicated that the price is negotiable. I just need to figure out how much I have to negotiate considering immediate and imminent maintenance. In my mind, the cost of immediate (recommended) maintenance has to immediately come off the price of $15k. We'll see how that works out for me.

If it was dealer serviced, then you're going to have a lot of the original fluids/parts in there. Things like trans fluid, differential fluid, coolant, and fuel filter are now considered, "lifetime" fluids/parts which means that they leave them in there until the associated components fail, at which time their, "lifetime" is over.

Depending on what has to be done, I would bank on $1k - $1.5k worth of maintenance during the first 6 months-- if you do it all yourself. If you're going to go to an independent mechanic, double that number. If there are typical issues with that type of mileage such as leaking vcg and/or oil filter housing gasket, it will be even more.

You'll have a better feel when you get the service records and PPI. If stuff like control arms and cooling system have been done, and there are no oil leaks, it would be significantly less.

Not trying to scare you, just want you to have the full picture before you decide.

Big difference between a well-maintained car and a barely-maintained car.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Ok.....have a new one. 2005 Imola Coupe, 6 spd, black leather, dealer just did inspection 2. 69,000 miles. good overall condition (I would say a 8 /10) has pdc, premium pkg. no curb rash (yippie!!) 18k and not budging on price. Have to travel for this one, it's in North Carolina.

Your opinions please.

Gary

I will say any car over 70k will need to start forking money over. Since i bought my car that had 71k miles on it, it has 82 on it now, i spent about 2k in work. i did oil change which i don't have room to do at my house, fluids change, throwout bearing and a good twice over to make sure nothing is wrong. i'll be going again to get coolant drained and parts replaced cause they don't charge too much for that labor for me and with parts i plan on spending another 1.5 k this year (including aa tune )

Just consider this as an added cost to the vehicle.

waterpump/cooling system overhaul
    suspension parts overhaul
    valve cover gasket/vanos overhaul

This alone is gonna net you around 3k in parts and labor if all is replaced. after this, you have everything golden until another 80 or 90k miles
    Last edited by Kudos; 04-25-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Pending a PIP I have agreed to purchase a 2006 ZHP Coupe, white with Cloth , 6 speed...............Like a kid at Christmas!!!!!!!!!!YIPPE!!!!!!

Congrats!! Keep us in the loop.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Time to get some advice from the experts:

2005 ZHP sedan, 60,000 miles, xenon, auto, nav, heated seats, located here in the Bay Area

Carfax report shows a front impact accident.

Took it for a PPI today, and I was driving it when it turned 60k. Goes without saying that it is time for its 60k service. Gravel shield underneath is cracked (probably damaged in the accident), but it appears the accident repairs were done well. Radiator to engine distance were within correct tolerance. Most of what the shop saw they said was normal wear and tear - needs belts, front truss bushings, and front brake pads. The nav disk is missing (so I could not test it – annoying). Both guys in the shop said they would buy the car if it were them.

Other than that, the only thing in need of repair is replacement of one of the xenon units (quoted $1100) – the high beam eyelid is stuck in the low beam position.

Carfax also shows maintenance 3 months after 9000 miles, and again at 21,000; no other data points.

Cosmetically I saw two very small dents in the exterior, the Alcantra steering wheel is in good shape, but the seats show a little more wear than I would have anticipated, and the footrest is cracked.

Dealer is asking $19k, and it appears that it has been sitting at the lot for a while. I have a number in mind; what do all of you think?

(pleasecorrupt, thanks again for your data/price point)

17k....with all you bargaining chips.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

+1 but also tell them to change everything that needs to be changed and fix the dents. and what do you mean accident, did you carfax / autocheck it yet?

Page 19 of 126 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast