Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 126 1231151101 ... LastLast

E46 BMW 330 ZHP Buyers Corner -- Is it a good deal?

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Kudos suggested a thread that would be helpful to would-be buyers.

I'm hoping that people who find what look like good deals will post in this thread. As ZHP owners, who know these cars well, we can provide a service to those who show up here for the first time -- and who are looking to buy a ZHP.

What I propose is this: if you find a deal out on the Internet, and you're wondering if it's a good deal, feel free to post a link to the car right here in this thread. We can pick it apart and sing its praises.

Also, be sure to check out this thread as well, so that you can see what others paid for their ZHPs.

How Much Did You Pay For Your BMW 330 ZHP?

Great thread Marcus.....really.....Kudos.

Hehe
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

prices for nice examples

I periodically return to the site of a pre-owned BMW dealer called Enthusiast Auto in Ohio just to watch what the offered prices of ZHPs they from time to time acquire and sell. They tend to deal in nice, clean examples of all series cars and seem to price them accordingly. I don't get the impression they cater to people looking for a deal first and the quality of the car second.
    I noticed today they have another ZHP in inventory - '04 sedan, 6MT, 63.4k, asking $17,990. I have some personal knowledge of this company and the guy who owns it. Sometime during early '09 a close friend of mine sold them his '97 M3 sedan. Since that transaction, I have peeked in on the site to follow ZHPs. AFAIK, it is a reputable business and they do move the cars.

www.enthusiastauto.com

EA is known to be on the pricey side. However, I will say that they usually deal in really nice merchandise. My main experience with them is in the E30 M3 market. When I was looking to acquire one, I found EA to be -- typically -- well and above the rest of the market when it came to pricing.

I'm going to move this thread, though, over to the ZHP Buyers Corner. This thread would fit in nicely there.

Wanting to know what you guys think about this ZHP. I emailed about the service history and they told me that they didn't have any due to some privacy law.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

You're on the east coast, so prices tend to be a bit higher. However, for those miles, I think you can do better on price.

Those are not the stock wheels. If I was the buyer, I'd have to find some style M135 wheels to put on the car. If the wheels aren't important to you, though, then no worries.

With those miles, though, there are some key maintenance issues that should have been addressed by this point (at 100,000 miles). Without a service history, there is no way to tell -- for sure -- how this car has been maintained over the years.

What's your budget, Nomar?

My budget is right at were the car is priced at. Trying not to spend too much more that that price. I don't mind the wheels and some of the other mods it has on it. (springs, exhaust maybe?, clear corners and tails) Atleast that is what I can see and read.

Would a PPI from BMW be able to tell me the service history if it was done at a BMW dealership? The carfax shows that it was a leased car for about half those miles and privately owned for the rest. I know service if a big part of BMWs that is what is holding me back a bit, also still owning my DD, lol.

You need to give the last 7 digits of the VIN to a dealer that will pull the service record for you. It's hit and miss. Some will do it; others will say they cannot do it -- for privacy reasons.

A PPI is a must for a car with this many miles on it. The PPI, though, may not result in a service record (again, possible privacy concerns).

I would not do it. Not being a private sale with those type of modifications, and no service records proves a huge risk. If I ever buy a modified car, I'd like to be able to gauge the previous owner myself.
    - Derek

What is done when doing a PPI? haven't looked into it

Page 1 of 126 1231151101 ... LastLast