Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    I think the wood kinda works with the tan interior but i'm not sure if I would keep it that way. As far as the bumper, the autocheck report does not list any accidents but something is definitely wrong and I'm awaiting a reply. I previously had asked the salesperson to check the tire wear and brake pads and they replied back saying they "think" they are about 50%. They do not seem to be willing to budge on the price though, so I'm not sure what to do.
    It may have been a low-impact collision. Very likely not handled through insurance.

I'd want the bumper fixed. If it's not fixed, then it will be difficult to tell what kind of damage is lurking behind the scenes until you actually own it. Personally, I would want a discount if I have to assume that risk.

If they "think" that the brake pads and tires are about 50%, I'd be sure to check that closely. They're probably not 50%.

Were it me, I would be looking to pay about $14K. I don't like stories. A sagging bumper is a story to me.

Of course, I recognize that everyone is different. What bugs me may not bug you.

Marcus draws attention to a possible problem. One point is to differentiate between the bumper and bumper cover. If the bumper is affected, it could mean the bumper pistons have been actuated; I believe they are 'one way parts'. Bumper covers are cosmetic, but can be expensive if replaced and then needing painting. There is no dollars and sense substitute for knowing how to take our cars apart...

Good point, Rik. Just another reason why you want to take a close look at that.

Since you are not close (geographically) to this car, I would get someone to do a PPI (someone independent of the seller). Or, I would pass on this one altogether.

Knowing me, I would likely pass and wait for another ZHP to come along.

I've decided to pass on this one and continue my search. The dealer just would not budge on the price and would not fix any of the issues the car has. Thanks for all the help guys.

MAS, good choice. Let someone else buy that car.

Referring to the $20k/25k-mile Imola/Alcantara ZHP cabrio Marcus posted in the classifieds thread a few days ago:

It appears to have sold but it got me thinking. That's the same price I'd be paying if I buy a friend's M3 cabrio, silver gray on gray leather, 45k miles. Perfect condition. Has the 19's, which tho they look good are a serious liability on our bad local roads, both in terms of wheel damage and tire cost.

Both cars have a conventional manual transmission.

I think I would go with the ZHP. So find me another one just like it after I sell my E30 M3........

Mark, I'll do my best.

I found this 2005 Imola red ZHP located in TX, I think the price its a little high. Dont really like the wood trim, but that's a minor detail. Let me know what you guys think?? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3...e80#vi-content

We know that ZHP well. It's about $1000-$2000 overpriced (my opinion, of course). It has been for sale for a while. Contact the seller and see how low they'll go. I'd like it a lot better at $17,350. I could not see paying more than $18K.

Here's another I found. I still cant tell if the price its fair, but I believe its better that the one I previously found. Let me know what you guys think... http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/in...h&cardist=5699

Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast