Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 65 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    a PPI from a dealership isn't always the greatest thing in the world.

All I'd make sure is that I have an impartial 3rd party do the inspection and provide a written report to you. The report pictured came from the guys selling it? I'm not sure I understand your first sentence.

Dane, its listed as +/- 1mph which I would assume is a tolerance, not that its reading 1mph at all speeds.
    Autobahn Imports is a third party... Impartial ? The car is being sold by OCC Inc. The inspection was performed for someone else who is interested in the car. My plan is to go out on Monday and take it to the local BMW dealership for the PPI. I've spoken to them and they are willing to perform the inspection.

Kelly

Ah, I understand now. That's really your call. I got a $200 PPI done at BMW Bridgeport CT on my first ZHP that said the A/C was broken and that it needed new belts (neither of which was true), needed a new GM to the tune of $1000 (with no symptoms), and went on to miss a non-functioning driver xenon headlamp, so going to BMW for the PPI doesn't even remotely mean it will be done correctly.

I went to check this car out with a buddy of mine who has a E46 and he noticed that the fron control arm bushings were bad, power steering leak, thermostat was possibly stuck open and there was a winsheild fluid leak. This was on tuesday or weds. of this week and they said they were going to call me back to see if they would fix the problems...im still waiting..wondering if its a good deal or not. there are no service records of the car but it seemed like it has been kept up....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

If you're that interested in the car ask if you can have the car go for PPI (pre inspection purchase). I had a car I thought "seemed" well kept after PPI it turned out it need $4200 worth of work. (shocks, shock mounts cracked, leaking valve cover, etc....) I didn't purchase it.
    If your buddy already found control arm bushings worn and leaking powersteering pump, chances are, more will be found. Especially if there are no records. If you don't mind working on the car and you can get the price down it maybe worth it. Check the VIN# too through AutoCheck or CarFax. Which are affilates on this forum. (Auto check).

Unless you're willing to try to haggle the price, I would keep moving. In fact, the hint that the thermostat is stuck open leads me to believe that this car may have been neglected.

If you do decide to jump on it, I would definitely refurbish the cooling system before anything else. Like, complete overhaul refurbish. Then I would go ahead and do the CABs and then finally fix the leaky PS pump. I'm assuming it's not super leaky, as in, "I need a quart per week" or, "I can't turn left or the fluid will spill out."

IMO I would ask $12,800 simply because those wheels look rash-free.

While a PPI is pretty much required in my opinion, be prepared to take the results with a grain of salt. My first ZHP's PPI came back with $3200 in work needed and it was literally completely fine. It is not a definitive go/no-go gauge....just one more piece that should be added to the decision matrix in your mind.

Things quoted here...FCABs, fluid leaks, thermostats, shocks, shock mounts......are all frankly par for the course for a set of cars no younger than 5-6 years old. They are also all relatively easy DIY replacements that you can do for low cost, start to get your hands dirty on your new ride, and use as bargaining chips to negotiate the price.

My 0.02 anyway.

Thanks for the advise, im going to call him back tomorrow .as for the price, he said the place is a wholesale warehouse dealer so its haggle free, i will keep u guys posted on what he says tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Steve

Hello fellas. I just sold my 1999 323i and have been searching for the right ZHP. I found one.....2005, 330i, automatic(the Mrs wants an automatic), xenon, alcantra leather inserts, exterior is silver gray, interior is black, 94,000 miles, tinted windows all around. He was asking $16,900 and I talked him down to $14,800 plus he needs to get the SRS light cleared. I had PPI done today and they found the following:

1. Valve cover gasket starting to seep (easy DIY, $50-$75)
    2. Metallic sound coming from A/C vents, Low A/C refrigerant (not sure about sound, must consult tech)
    3. Rear brakes are aftermarket, passenger rear rotor showing deep groves (easy DIY, $200)
    4. Rear Differential is leaking from all seals ($$$?) Approximately how much is this? I never did this on my E46.
    5. Main belt showing light cracking (easy DIY, $35)
    6. Rear tail lamp connection show signs of burnt ground wire (will take to BMW to replace since it's a Recall item now)
    7. Air Bag Light---Passenger Seat Occupancy Mat (Car Fax shows it was replaced at 38K miles, is this a common failure?) I noticed the light upon my personal inspection and requested that he repair the sensor prior to the sale so this repaired is covered.

Now with all of these items, and given it has 94K Miles, I still think it is a good deal but am debating to ask for a reduction of price given this minimal repairs. The only ones which scare me are the AC and the Differential. I was thinking to ask for a $500 reduction, but I am not sure what is fair.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Ray

Ray, where is the car located?

Hi Marcus,

It's in Vegas, but he drives to San Diego and Los Angeles quite often. I drove it on Sunday in Mission Valley.

I had the fellas at EuroAutoSpot do the PPI today. Also, forgot to add the steering wheel has been replaced with the M3 leather tri-stitched wheel. I like it much better than the original Alcantara one.

Page 65 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast