Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Koni Yellow Lifetime Warranty

Has anyone ever used the Koni lifetime warranty?
    I’ve had the Koni yellows on my car for about 7 years and 105k miles and I’m fairly certain they’re past their prime. I’m planning to remove them and check to see if they spring back and how when the car goes into storage in the winter but I’m not entirely sure what Koni considers a broken damper to be.
    So going back to my original question, anyone ever sent anything back to Koni and claimed their warranty? If yes, what was your experience like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I did this years ago when I purchased them through ECS. I'm not sure if the process is the same, but for me I had to have a "mechanic" fill out a return slip explaining the issue and then send it back to them for inspection. Keep in mind you're at the mercy of Koni to get a rebate. This all takes place after you purchase a replacement. Not sure how far you are going to get with them trying to replace all 4 at the same time, i can't speak from experience. Every return I did was one-offs where the strut was actually broken.

Sounds like you got your money's worth out of them if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
    I did this years ago when I purchased them through ECS. I'm not sure if the process is the same, but for me I had to have a "mechanic" fill out a return slip explaining the issue and then send it back to them for inspection. Keep in mind you're at the mercy of Koni to get a rebate. This all takes place after you purchase a replacement. Not sure how far you are going to get with them trying to replace all 4 at the same time, i can't speak from experience. Every return I did was one-offs where the strut was actually broken.

Thanks! This helps me understand the process a bit more.

If I do send them all 4 at once and they say they’re all fine then I can get the replacements for 50% off (I’m not sure if they’re still doing that but I remember reading about it a few months ago), so I may go that route worst case.
    Should’ve just bought them from fcp euro lol

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post

I got same impression from their “warranty” it seems like a gimmick. I would probably go with OE Upgraded parts and FCP if I knew that would be a case. Oh well…

Bilstein is the same way when I had to replace my shock. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle and bought a set of PSS10's from FCP instead.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Should’ve just bought them from fcp euro lol
    The thing about FCP's policy is that if you buy a set of coilovers from FCP and one shock goes bad, they only replace the whole set as ordered so you'd have to order the replacement, swap out the whole set, then return the old set. Honestly that's a better way to replace things anyway but if you're paying someone labor then there's the increased cost. I specifically asked that question when I bought my PSS10's back in 2016 and that was the answer, but things might have changed since then so it's worth asking.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Bilstein is the same way when I had to replace my shock. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle and bought a set of PSS10's from FCP instead.

The thing about FCP's policy is that if you buy a set of coilovers from FCP and one shock goes bad, they only replace the whole set as ordered so you'd have to order the replacement, swap out the whole set, then return the old set. Honestly that's a better way to replace things anyway but if you're paying someone labor then there's the increased cost. I specifically asked that question when I bought my PSS10's back in 2016 and that was the answer, but things might have changed since then so it's worth asking.

That’s definitely a boon if you’re replacing DIY but a pain if it’s a shop. I’ll definitely check with them if I decide to order from them.

Re Koni: I’m leaning towards removing them over winter and checking them my self first. If I think they’re gone, then I’ll ship them to Koni and see what they say. If they agree too then great, if not I will then either order from fcp or see if they still offer the 50% off on new shocks.

Thanks everyone for all your input!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post

That sounds like a sweet deal - I mean think about it, you get a brand new set up a couple years down the road and not only do you fix the problem, but the other three coilovers get a replacement as well? I'd gladly pay more in labor when you can have a fresh suspension at some point down the road