Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    So......

(Me jealous)
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    That's true. At first I was surprised by the number of people who don't know what they own. Now I am not. Lots of private dealers out there sell these ZHPs without adding a premium for the package. They take them in on trade in and have no idea what they're selling. That likely means that the previous owner didn't know what they had either, since the dealer isn't going to -- usually -- sell a car at a loss.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have paid a lot more attention to private-dealer sales. Seems like a great place to pick up a gem at the right price (assuming dealer doesn't know what it has).
    there was also a period in time where the books (KBB, etc.) had it wrong as well. a ZSP car was worth more, according to the books, than a ZHP model....

i've run across numerous listings (usually at dealers, and not always non-BMW ones at that) which will list the car as a sport package, or as having the "M3 package."

sorry that was a bit off-topic, but something i always found interesting......
    - now with 5 speeds

I was pretty pumped at the deal I got in May '09 for my CPO '06 ZHP CiC w/Cold Weather Package (with a CARFAX) in SoCal, around 42K miles. Best price around town for a CPO non ZHP was just under $28K and it was tough to get the dealer down to that. I was going to buy it, but the next day I found mine at $24,500K, about 60 miles away at a BMW dealer! Couldn't believe it. Since they were a BMW dealer I'm sure they knew what they had. It was such a good price, I had to ask the salesman why. He said that this was a corporate owned dealer, one of many, and the corporate policy was to not keep cars on the lot for more than a certain amount of time, so when that time came, they'd drop the price to their bottom line and it usually sold in a day or two, if that long. I think the semi-remote location of the dealer where the housing market was still hurting probably kept the car on the lot longer than normal too.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

2004 Imolarot 6 speed. Purchased in Atlanta for $17,800; driven to Orlando. 58,000 miles. April 2010. (HA! Just found the bill of sale--was 800 less than I thought... fixed now; 17.8!)
    Last edited by jsachs71; 01-10-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I was pretty pumped at the deal I got in May '09 for my CPO '06 ZHP CiC w/Cold Weather Package (with a CARFAX) in SoCal, around 42K miles. Best price around town for a CPO non ZHP was just under $28K and it was tough to get the dealer down to that. I was going to buy it, but the next day I found mine at $24,500K, about 60 miles away at a BMW dealer! Couldn't believe it. Since they were a BMW dealer I'm sure they knew what they had. It was such a good price, I had to ask the salesman why. He said that this was a corporate owned dealer, one of many, and the corporate policy was to not keep cars on the lot for more than a certain amount of time, so when that time came, they'd drop the price to their bottom line and it usually sold in a day or two, if that long. I think the semi-remote location of the dealer where the housing market was still hurting probably kept the car on the lot longer than normal too.
    I disagree with you a lil that $24.5k is a good price....

Read further about semi-remote location which may make your case a lil stronger.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I disagree with you a lil that $24.5k is a good price....

Read further about semi-remote location which may make your case a lil stronger.
    But when he bought the car it was only a 3-year-old car, still under regular warranty. Also, he bought that car 20 months ago. Finally, it's a convertible. I think $24,500 is in the ballpark of a decent deal.

But I hear you. You said you only disagree a "lil." You're thinking it should have been closer to $22K?

Yeah.........thats more of what I was thinking.......maybe even 20k-22k..........idk...

These cars typically depreciate by about 50% in five years.....assuming they are perfect.....and also dependant on geographic location as peviously discussed.

I would suspect that the convertible was about $47K in 2006 (and probably more). After three years, it was bought for $24.5K. That's not bad -- if you assume that it should be worth half after five years.

I might be thinking about selling my ZHP, how much should i be asking?

2003 ZHP Sedan
    Silver/With Black Alcantra Interior
    Xenon Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    6 Speed
    No Sunroof
    Miles: 30K (Yes 30K Miles) Original. I bought the car from Original owner with 7K miles.
    Upgrades: Umnitza V2, All clears around Tailights, Sides, and front corners, and tint..Dice Silverline Ipod as well.

Whats a fair price to ask?
    03 TIAG ZHP SEDAN---Umnitza V2---

Will, you're going to get a good price for it. You're close enough to the Bay Area that you'll get interest -- and inflation -- from that area.

More importantly, that mileage is going to be worth a premium. Similarly, silver is a popular and easy color to sell.

On the negative side, it's a 2003. First year of the ZHP. Someone will discount it because of that.

If I was looking for a ZHP, I'd be willing to pay $20K-$21K for that car.

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast