Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
    2005 - White AT Sedan
    Purchase Location: Texas
    Purchase Date:4/26/2019
    Price: $6,500.00
    Mileage at purchase: 97k

Cold weather package, Xenons, Leather seats

Was looking for a clean one for about a month, originally wanted a blue with brown interior, but then this one popped up and couldn’t pass on the deal.

Flew into Lubbock, TX and drove the car to NY. 1800 miles, 29 hours of driving

It had the thermostat and CCV replaced, as the seller was prepping the car for his son to take to college. Lucky for me, he wanted a Lexus instead.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Congrats.
    Thanks! I am enjoying every minute of it, still kicking myself for accidentally putting a hole in the clearbra while trying to scratch off bird poop
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by Dano516 View Post
    Thanks! I am enjoying every minute of it, still kicking myself for accidentally putting a hole in the clearbra while trying to scratch off bird poop
    Live and learn.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

2006 - Imola Red/Black 6MT convertible
    Purchase Location: St. Louis
    Purchase Date: 8/6/19
    Price: $21,500
    Mileage at purchase: 40k

Purchased as a one-owner from Bimmers R Us after a multiple conversations with the owner regarding condition and implication that it's a deal compared to current BT prices. Got photos of everything but the damage and faults, with the assurance that their attention to detail meant everything that needed attention was dealt with. Well...

Wrong size battery had shop cloths stuffed around it to keep it from moving; screen has a swath of dead pixels; cup holder is scratched to hell, likely from a dog, as is drivers door handle; headlight washer motor broken; LOTS of rock chips, a door ding, chipped paint on one side poorly touched up; no manuals; and a significant part of the bottom trailing edge of the front bumper broken off (not visible unless on a lift), with a current discussion whether it was shipped that way or the transport guy did it. Bimmers R Us has photo of rear underside but not front. It's taken two months to begin to get some of these issues addressed (he's sending a new washer pump), with emails ignored for several weeks. Did I pay too much? Anyone else deal with them?
    Last edited by Coronis; 10-24-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post

Purchased as a one-owner from Bimmers R Us after a multiple conversations with the owner regarding condition and implication that it's a deal compared to current BT prices. Got photos of everything but the damage and faults, with the assurance that their attention to detail meant everything that needed attention was dealt with. Well...

Wrong size battery had shop cloths stuffed around it to keep it from moving; screen has a swath of dead pixels; cup holder is scratched to hell, likely from a dog, as is drivers door handle; headlight washer motor broken; LOTS of rock chips, a door ding, chipped paint on one side poorly touched up; no manuals; and a significant part of the bottom trailing edge of the front bumper broken off (not visible unless on a lift), with a current discussion whether it was shipped that way or the transport guy did it. Bimmers R Us has photo of rear underside but not front. It's taken two months to begin to get some of these issues addressed (he's sending a new washer pump), with emails ignored for several weeks. Did I pay too much? Anyone else deal with them?
    Ouch. At that price the car should have been perfect. I follow Bimmers R Us' inventory thinking they were another EAG with excellent low mile examples at a premium price that compensates for a no-headaches car. I'll no longer watch their inventory.

Sorry for your experience. And just fyi, an Imola/tan 6-speed with <40k miles sold on BaT a couple of months ago for $16,500 with buyers premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post

Sorry to hear this and my post is not intended to rub salt in any wounds...it's just that my blood boils when I hear something like this happens to someone.

The battery and shop cloths are absolutely unacceptable for a car at that price. I saw these people with cars up for sale while looking for mine, and after a phone chat decided they thought too highly of themselves to be worth the cash. Like way too highly. Reading your experience confirms my suspicions.

I hope they 100% take care of all the issues you were unaware of, including new parts and covering labor, because for that price the car should be flawless. Like nearly roll out of the showroom flawless...full paint correction, replaced worn trim pieces, every nook and cranny cleaned. And that shouldn't be the most difficult thing on a car with low miles like that. (makes me question the mileage...?). If they do not, I would be requesting money back or requesting return of the car for reimbursement. This group makes a big deal about having "premium" cars, so if this isn't rectified, I would say post all over the web in every BMW forum about your experience to warn others, because that is unacceptable.

To me the premium price is for a car that already had everything done over with a fine toothed comb. Something you can hop in and drive and love. Otherwise, you could take the 5-10k difference in price for a different car and replace and do everything yourself. I mean, that's the point of paying more money, right?

Edit: by the following post as I was editing mine, I see you already got a PPI / had the car looked over. This thread is great to give you a general idea for pricing and use for your discussions with them. Just realized I never posted mine, so I'll add it for the crowdsourcing of info.
    Last edited by racer2086; 10-24-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
    And just fyi, an Imola/tan 6-speed with <40k miles sold on BaT a couple of months ago for $16,500 with buyers premium.
    Yeah, go ahead...rub it in. :-)

Since I posted, B.r Us have asked for a repair quote on the front bumper, which it looks like they will be willing to reimburse. Most of the rest is cosmetic stuff which I can repair myself, and I'll figure out how to get the screen repaired. I did have a thorough inspection done by a very good local BMW-certified mechanic and he said mechanically it is in great shape...no leaks, good brakes and clutch, good Michelin tires, and he was surprised the original control arm bushings haven't even begun to show wear. I could fight to the death with the dealer on every other little thing, but if he's not willing to step up now, I'll just get it done and enjoy a very nice car and he'll end up living with his deteriorating reputation. Hopefully it will eventually appreciate to cover off some of the loss.

Car: 2004 ZHP 330i 6MT
    Color: Mystic Blue over Alcantara
    Mileage: 108,000
    Purchase Date: Feb 2019
    Purchase Location: Charlotte, NC
    Purchase Price: $10,000
    Options/equipment: Xenon Headlights, Silver cube trim, rain sensor, fold down seats, ski pass, Harmon Kardon sound system (ZHP standard equipment)

After looking for a couple months, found the car listed on Craigslist. Seller was the 3rd owner for about 9 months and posted about 40-50 pictures online. I flew up 3 days later, wasn't perfect, but had records dating back to the second owner who bought it CPO from BMW. Drove it 11 hours home to Florida.

The good: decent records, OFHG, valve cover gasket, O2 sensors, thermostat, headliner, windshield cowl trim, and kidney grills all recently done. All black trim removed and painted. Weather tech trunk mat. Previously had a clear bra so little to no chipping up front, Conti DWS tires with >50% tread left, and a fresh oil change from BMW.

The bad: threw an SES light on the way home. The rain sensor didn't work, then found out the windshield had been replaced with an aftermarket one. A/C could barely keep the humidity down in the car on the rainy drive home. The front left tweeter and right rear mid didn't work. The front Alcantara seats had pilling on the outer bolsters. The rear of the headliner wasn't installed correctly and causing the third brake light to hang. The car needed a serious interior vacuuming, a new arm rest tray, new rear Ash tray roller cover, and new cup holders. The trunk had a very scratched spot where it looked like someone used sandpaper to remove bird crap. The clear bra was removed and the tech left 6 inch gouges in the clear coat in a couple of places. The paint also had etching in places from water spots. Vanos and oil pan gasket have not been done. Oh, also, found out all 4 rims were bent (that one hurt).

All in all, was a decent car. Most of the "bad" stuff was easily fixed with some new trim parts and elbow grease. Deep cleaning inside and full paint correction outside. Recharged the A/C myself along with a new radio from the junkyard. And the DME flash took care of the rest. Wheels were straightened locally. I have already logged 7k miles on it. Rain sensor still doesn't work due to the aftermarket windshield.
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

2003 Imola Red sedan, 6MT, Xenons, moonroof
    - No cold weather or premium

Purchase Location: Pendleton, IN
    Purchase Date: Feb. 4, 2020
    Price: $5,000
    Mileage at purchase: 124,xxx
    Private party

Purchased from second owner of 13 years. Overall decent condition and well maintained by an average non enthusiast type owner.

BMW 330 ZHP Prices -- How Much Did You Pay?

2005 OrientBlau 6MT ZHP

Paid $9k plus $1300 to get it here from FL.

Bought in Gainesville FL

Bought July 2020

140k in miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ’05 OrientBlau ZHP - fun
    ’19 RAM 1500 Laramie - mine
    ’13 MB ML350 - wifes

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast