Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Besides the obvious cool factor, do the aFe intakes make more difference than, say, a nice pair of ZHPM stickers? And do the filters let in a lot of dirt?

I haven't driven around enough to notice much of a difference, but I'd say the performance gains are definitely not as drastic as advertised -- maybe 1-2 HP and 2-3 TQ increase TOPS; not at all around 20-30 hp/tq increases.

But the consensus seems to be that gas mileage increases by about 1-2 MPG. As for me, the sound is just SOOO good. The WHOOSH of the air getting sucked in almost makes it sound like a turbo when you're giving it gas at low RPMs. Also, the exhaust tone is a lot meatier and substantial.

Best mod to date I've purchased and VERY easy to install; took me about 15 minutes.

In terms of looks, I'm not the biggest fan; I think it's very noticeably after-market when you open up the hood. If it looked like the BMW performance intake, it would be perfect, but that's just a very tiny gripe I have.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post
    I haven't driven around enough to notice much of a difference, but I'd say the performance gains are definitely not as drastic as advertised -- maybe 1-2 HP and 2-3 TQ increase TOPS; not at all around 20-30 hp/tq increases.

But the consensus seems to be that gas mileage increases by about 1-2 MPG. As for me, the sound is just SOOO good. The WHOOSH of the air getting sucked in almost makes it sound like a turbo when you're giving it gas at low RPMs. Also, the exhaust tone is a lot meatier and substantial.

Best mod to date I've purchased and VERY easy to install; took me about 15 minutes.

In terms of looks, I'm not the biggest fan; I think it's very noticeably after-market when you open up the hood. If it looked like the BMW performance intake, it would be perfect, but that's just a very tiny gripe I have.
    I would be willing to bet.....you're getting at least 5Hp from it. Some have suggested that the BMW performance intake dyno'd at 8Hp...so....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Just an FYI for those who are going to take advantage of this. For me the fax number at the bottom of the rebate form didn't work so I emailed jbruce@afepower.com and he has done everything for me and has been very helpful. All you need to do is scan your receipt and email it to him.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Just an FYI for those who are going to take advantage of this. For me the fax number at the bottom of the rebate form didn't work so I emailed jbruce@afepower.com and he has done everything for me and has been very helpful. All you need to do is scan your receipt and email it to him.
    Damn.

I just emailed him. I bought mine May 9th, 2011.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That sucks Dane. Maybe he can make an exception for you?
    -Chris-

Maybe...we'll see what he says. Missed it by 6 days...hehe.

I'm in!!!

Jason just got back to me and said I was good to go!

Glad to hear it! I'm interested to see how these work. Gotta love free stuff!
    -Chris-

Jason, if you're out there: good looking out, pal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast